Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the strongest heavyweight puncher of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the strongest heavyweight puncher of all time?

I am asking who was the strongest heavyweight puncher of all time, it isn't neither about boxing techniques nor strong chin. I can't add more than 10 to the poll so I put those. If you have another one comment.
    George Foreman
    54.49%
    Rocky Marciano
    14.10%
    Jack Johnson
    0.64%
    David Tua
    1.92%
    Samuel Peter
    0%
    Mike Tyson
    23.72%
    Joe Frazier
    1.28%
    Lennox Lewis
    1.28%
    Frank Bruno
    1.28%
    Ike Ibeabuchi
    1.28%

The strongest puncher is. Tell me what came up when you clicked my picture. George Foreman.

Comment

add

louis
      liston
      shavers

remove

bruno
      peter
      ike
      lewis
      johnson

my vore goes to shavers, cos ali and holmes both said so (and they were hit by foreman, liston and tyson)

Comment

Max Baer should be added to the list! Whether he could hit as hard as Shavers is for debate and impossible to prove, but he certainly should rank in the top 10!

Comment

Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston, Sonny Liston... any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by wmute
            add

louis
            liston
            shavers

remove

bruno
            peter
            ike
            lewis
            johnson
            I don't think we should remove these five, how do you know that Peter hits less than Louis?

Originally posted by wmute
            my vore goes to shavers, cos ali and holmes both said so (and they were hit by foreman, liston and tyson)
            But Ali wasn't hit with a stong Foreman punch on the face, because of his defence that night. He may got hit by Ernie so he put it. And he didn't try Tyson.

Also, Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey said the strongest is Foreman, they saw them all until 1980, that's why I included so many since 1980.

Comment

it has to be Mike Tyson, tyson was the strongest puncher, i am not saying he had the most power behind his punches, but he has to be the strongest puncher meaning he knew when to punch and where to punch to maximize the damage.

Comment

George Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by rge
                  I don't think we should remove these five, how do you know that Peter hits less than Louis?
                  well how do i know that my neighbor does not punch harder than foreman?

none of them koed world class opposition

can I be sure? no
                  if limited to 10 fighters who would I put in foreman or my neighbor? foreman

Originally posted by rge
                  But Ali wasn't hit with a stong Foreman punch on the face, because of his defence that night. He may got hit by Ernie so he put it. And he didn't try Tyson.
                  yes he was: right uppercut round 6 or 7, go and see
                  anyway foreman would be a very reasonable choice for me, too

ali did not try tyson
                  but holmes tried tyson and shavers and said shavers hit harder

Originally posted by rge
                  Also, Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey said the strongest is Foreman, they saw them all until 1980, that's why I included so many since 1980.
                  Does the logic goes like this

"if Louis and Dempsey say foreman; therefore it must be foreman, and if anyone is stronger it must be someone after foreman"?

if so why did you put in marciano, johnson and frazier?

if the logic is different then can you explain

Comment

I'll say Iron Mike.

Comment

Working...
                    X