No announcement yet.

George Foreman Hitting Heavy Bag..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman Hitting Heavy Bag..

George Foreman When He Was HeavyWeight Champion in 1970s....wow ive never seen someone hit a heavy bag like this...check it out at 0:34 the punching on the bag begins..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiveytfg2F0

ive seen foreman workout and hit the bag, within as clsoe to touching, in his prime, i was not that impressed. great heavy bag moments belon to louis , dempsey, and satterfield. they didnt just swing hard, but punched amazingly hard.

Comment

it is actually easy to swing hard to a bag like above. try it yourself. then , try to puch correctly- its alot harder. anybody can and will swing pretty hard. foreman swung hard, did not punch like a louis or dempsey.

Comment

Nice, yeah the guy narrating in the beginning was one of the first psychologists that Matt Damon's character sees in Good Will Hunting.

Comment

i think tysons more impressive on the heavy bag. he unloaded those punches with straight phenom speed. say what you will about tysons legacy and his h2h prowess but i dont think anyone at any weight in history had a speed+power combination like kid dynamite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R87a...eature=related

the thing i really notice when i watch this is the power he maintains with each successive punch. hed load up on a huge right hook and follow through with it and then throw a left hook that appeared every bit as devastating. tyson on the heavy bag is a true work of art imo.

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I'd like to have seen more of Foreman hitting the heavy bag in When We Were Kings. There wasn't much to assess in that video. The dent was impressive but I'd have liked to seen him punch it more, he seemed to be arm punching for the camera there, the real work had already passed.

The Tyson video was good. If there are any Dempsey, Marciano, Shavers, louis or Bowe heavy bag videos it would be great to see them.

Comment

I wish I could have been there holding the bag for him.

I've seen some footage a long time ago from Louis hitting the bag. It was impressive but he went about it in a relaxed manner.

How about Earnie Shavers. Is there some footage of him working the heavy bag?

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                i think tysons more impressive on the heavy bag. he unloaded those punches with straight phenom speed. say what you will about tysons legacy and his h2h prowess but i dont think anyone at any weight in history had a speed+power combination like kid dynamite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R87a...eature=related

the thing i really notice when i watch this is the power he maintains with each successive punch. hed load up on a huge right hook and follow through with it and then throw a left hook that appeared every bit as devastating. tyson on the heavy bag is a true work of art imo.
                How dare you believe Tyson can hit the bag harder and faster than ANYBODY from 1910 to 1985?

I think I hear poet coming now to tell you what a kool aid drinking dumbass you are.

Comment

Nice thread until you realize that you people are biased or just stupid. Dempsey was a overrated 190 pound fighter and didnt punch nearly as hard as Foreman a natural 230 pound fighter. Dempsey and Louis both stated that they never seen any fighter punch as hard as Foreman and since they boxed i will take their words for it over some dumb dumbs on some boxing forum. Evander Holyfield fought and was hit by a old slower weak Foreman, Tyson, Bowe and Lennox Lewis and stated Foreman hit him harder than any of these fighters did.

So the logical thing to assume was Foreman punched the heavybag harder, end of story. So the Tyson hit the bag harder because i am a Tyson fan or I am a white guy so of course i like Dempsey and Marciano and since i like they the must hit harder than Foreman crap gets tiresome over time. Because it isnt just this thread it is any thread about boxing you see. A bunch of kids who have no clue about boxing or people just biased for various reason, be it race or anything esle building up a fighter because they like them

Based on logic Foreman was the hardest punching heavyweight of all time and based on boxing experts who seen various heavyweights punched the heavybag Foreman punched that harder than anybody. Facts are facts so get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleSeahawks View Post
                    Nice thread until you realize that you people are biased or just stupid. Dempsey was a overrated 190 pound fighter and didnt punch nearly as hard as Foreman a natural 230 pound fighter. Dempsey and Louis both stated that they never seen any fighter punch as hard as Foreman and since they boxed i will take their words for it over some dumb dumbs on some boxing forum. Evander Holyfield fought and was hit by a old slower weak Foreman, Tyson, Bowe and Lennox Lewis and stated Foreman hit him harder than any of these fighters did.

So the logical thing to assume was Foreman punched the heavybag harder, end of story. So the Tyson hit the bag harder because i am a Tyson fan or I am a white guy so of course i like Dempsey and Marciano and since i like they the must hit harder than Foreman crap gets tiresome over time. Because it isnt just this thread it is any thread about boxing you see. A bunch of kids who have no clue about boxing or people just biased for various reason, be it race or anything esle building up a fighter because they like them

Based on logic Foreman was the hardest punching heavyweight of all time and based on boxing experts who seen various heavyweights punched the heavybag Foreman punched that harder than anybody. Facts are facts so get over it.
                    I also believe Foreman was the hardest puncher ever. But in his prime his average weight was about 220. Not trying to nit pick, just wanted to point that out.

Comment

Working...
                    X