No announcement yet.

Smokin' Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' Joe Frazier

Ok, I just read something that really ticked me off. But it was an old thread and I didn't want to reply to it so I'll just post it here.

Somebody said that Frazier avoided big punchers. He questioned why Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers and, without looking into the subject, assumed that Frazier dodged them.

Nothing could be further from the truth. While it's true that Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers, the conception that he ducked them is total garbage. Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers because, at the time when the two of them could even be considered a prospect, Jerry Quarry took care of them, Lyle in Feb of 73 and Shavers in Dec of the same year. It's not Frazier's fault that those two couldn't earn their way up the ladder.

And explain something to me...If Frazier avoided big punchers, why in the world would he go and get beaten silly by George Foreman again? If I were avoiding big punchers, I don't think I'd be pressing my luck just to try to get the NABF title.

I don't care if anyone responds to this, I just thought I'd stick up for Joe on this one because to say he ducked anybody is just plain wrong.

Originally posted by Imira
    Ok, I just read something that really ticked me off. But it was an old thread and I didn't want to reply to it so I'll just post it here.

Somebody said that Frazier avoided big punchers. He questioned why Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers and, without looking into the subject, assumed that Frazier dodged them.

Nothing could be further from the truth. While it's true that Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers, the conception that he ducked them is total garbage. Frazier never fought Lyle or Shavers because, at the time when the two of them could even be considered a prospect, Jerry Quarry took care of them, Lyle in Feb of 73 and Shavers in Dec of the same year. It's not Frazier's fault that those two couldn't earn their way up the ladder.

And explain something to me...If Frazier avoided big punchers, why in the world would he go and get beaten silly by George Foreman again? If I were avoiding big punchers, I don't think I'd be pressing my luck just to try to get the NABF title.

I don't care if anyone responds to this, I just thought I'd stick up for Joe on this one because to say he ducked anybody is just plain wrong.
    whoever said this should be crucified upside down

that bull**** never knew anything about history

Comment

agree, how can anyone say he avoided big punchers when he fought the biggest of the all foreman twice.

Comment

Agreed, Fraz had plenty of heart and courage.

Comment

frazier had a weak chin

Comment

Working...
          X