No announcement yet.

Middle knuckle problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle knuckle problem

About 1 and a 1/2 months ago I stupidly punched a wall in frustration, afterwards it was slightly swollen and hurt a bit. The next day the swelling and pain had pretty much gone away, so I went to the gym and did some padwork and bagwork.

Nearing the end of the session I felt a pain in my right middle knuckle again and when I took my gloves off, unsurprisingly my knuckle was swollen and it was pretty painful.

Figuring I had a minor injury I let it rest for a month and a bit (easy since it was over the christmas period), but then I had a quick go on the punchbag the other day and it still hurts a bit. Plus my right knuckle is bigger than the left, although Ive only noticed this recently it might have been the same before the injury since I use my right for power shots. When Im not on the bags my knuckle doesnt hurt, my right hand has full range of motion etc and feels normal.

I went to the doc today and he basically told me that I damaged my tendon (no fracture thankfully) in the knuckle and theres nothing I can do about it except keep training and my body will eventually block out the pain, he didnt even tell me to rest it any longer or anything?

Any advice? Im thinking of resting it a week longer and using deep heat every night and then start training properly again?

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
    About 1 and a 1/2 months ago I stupidly punched a wall in frustration, afterwards it was slightly swollen and hurt a bit. The next day the swelling and pain had pretty much gone away, so I went to the gym and did some padwork and bagwork.

Nearing the end of the session I felt a pain in my right middle knuckle again and when I took my gloves off, unsurprisingly my knuckle was swollen and it was pretty painful.

Figuring I had a minor injury I let it rest for a month and a bit (easy since it was over the christmas period), but then I had a quick go on the punchbag the other day and it still hurts a bit. Plus my right knuckle is bigger than the left, although Ive only noticed this recently it might have been the same before the injury since I use my right for power shots. When Im not on the bags my knuckle doesnt hurt, my right hand has full range of motion etc and feels normal.

I went to the doc today and he basically told me that I damaged my tendon (no fracture thankfully) in the knuckle and theres nothing I can do about it except keep training and my body will eventually block out the pain, he didnt even tell me to rest it any longer or anything?

Any advice? Im thinking of resting it a week longer and using deep heat every night and then start training properly again?

It will take A while to heal, leave it 2 months, and see how it is.

Comment

i had the same thing minus the doctors visit and yeah it just quits bothering you after a while.

for me it was my right knuckle on my middle finger(same as you) and the enlarged part is on top of my knuckle if i make a fist

Comment

Yeah, I've had the same with my middle and pinky knuckles on my right hand. **** sucks, I had problems with it like 6, 8, 10 months after it first happened because I never really gave it time to heal.

Comment

Cheers for the replies, think Im just going to leave it for at least another month.

Comment

Working...
          X