Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play with the DLC's Holyfield, Liston, and Hopkins on FNR4 yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play with the DLC's Holyfield, Liston, and Hopkins on FNR4 yet?

Is it worth droppong almost 10 bucks on. personally, I think the young SRL is ****ing great, the speed and footwork are incredible, but he doesn't have the toughness and power of the older SRL. Anyways how are those DLC, specifically Hopkins and Holyfield?

i havent bought that one yet but i want it though for the old school mode..i have the first 2 dlc oscar de le hoya, and the 2 Klits and all are good..

Comment

I have.

My main problem is with Hopkins. He has hair like he did in his prime yet they have him at Light Heavyweight. So to me his stats are that of current old Hopkins, hair of a young hopkins, and body of a light heavyweight. Which is just freakin perfect because when you try and play online I go and pick Hopkins and some jackass picks George Foreman or Ali. Yeah that's fair, pffffffft.

Further, hopkins doesn't have the philly shell defense in the game, just the standard defense. So you cant even fight like him if you try.

IMO they really dropped the ball on hopkins.

Also, you can now duplicate and edit licensed fighters, which is cool in theory, but then you find out you cannot adjust the weight (which means you cannot even edit hopkins to be at 160) nor can you change his style of fighting (philly shell), you can only slide the stats (punching power, speed, etc.) and change his ring attire. weak sauce
      Last edited by ИATAS; 01-05-2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

^ Agree. Prime hopkins hair on a non-prime hopkins.

Hollyfield I can say is a beast, one of my new favorites.

Comment

I bought it, it's cool to have new **** in the game and some new fighters but honestly these are guys that should have already been in the game.

putting that aside I also feel like there should be like 10 or more new fighters in each release not just 2 or 3, they don't even have anyone else besides Montiel at Bantamweight which is CRAP.

my favorite is Holyfield but Hopkins is a good addition to the Light Heavyweights, Liston is decent but you'll learn within your 1st match using him why he wont be a favorite.

the game modes aren't anything special, they got the old school rules where the round ends only after you get knocked down, you could go 1hr straight with no breaks just scrappin and then you got the rivalries which reward you in no real way if you beat them, they are just there..

overall I paid 10$ on something that could have been MUCH better..

Comment

i love ring rivalries, would be good if they coulda put some actual clips from the fights in there like UFC. Hopkins sucks, besides everything else that has already been said he has a rubbish chin... are you kiddin me?

Comment

Holyfield is probably the 2nd best HW in the game, next to Ali. They did a good job on him.

Comment

Roy Jones has the philly shell, and Hopkins uses the standard block? What the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  I have.

My main problem is with Hopkins. He has hair like he did in his prime yet they have him at Light Heavyweight. So to me his stats are that of current old Hopkins, hair of a young hopkins, and body of a light heavyweight. Which is just freakin perfect because when you try and play online I go and pick Hopkins and some jackass picks George Foreman or Ali. Yeah that's fair, pffffffft.

Further, hopkins doesn't have the philly shell defense in the game, just the standard defense. So you cant even fight like him if you try.

IMO they really dropped the ball on hopkins.

Also, you can now duplicate and edit licensed fighters, which is cool in theory, but then you find out you cannot adjust the weight (which means you cannot even edit hopkins to be at 160) nor can you change his style of fighting (philly shell), you can only slide the stats (punching power, speed, etc.) and change his ring attire. weak sauce
                  This post made me lol.

As for your question Street Bully, I don't plan on buying it cuz' I was able to find very good CAB versions that are more pliable and versatile.

Comment

I got a great Liston, Hopkins, Joe Louis, Holyfield, Larry Holmes, Rocky Marciano, Rocky Balboa, Ivan Drago, Clubber Lang, Jack Dempsey,...

I need to get a vintage Jack Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                    X