No announcement yet.

When has a fighter gone too far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When has a fighter gone too far?

There are many fighters who should have not faught as long as they did, i am wishing to hear what you believe are some fighters who have boxed too far past their prime.

these are in no perticular order
    RJJ (face it, he was an amazing boxer but it's time to let go
    Holyfeild (even the boxing devision doesnt want the man to box)
    Ali ( ali should have quit after thirlla in manilla)

so these are my suggestions, they are going to differ im sure with yours so please proceed to explain who you believe has out boxed themselves.

Chris Eubank for one. The punishment he took in the fights with Carl Thompson was brutal, Eubank should have retired after the first fight with Steve Collins.

Comment

thats easy holyfield and ali

Comment

Ali, Holyfield, and Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by gogan
          There are many fighters who should have not faught as long as they did, i am wishing to hear what you believe are some fighters who have boxed too far past their prime.

these are in no perticular order
          RJJ (face it, he was an amazing boxer but it's time to let go
          Holyfeild (even the boxing devision doesnt want the man to box)
          Ali ( ali should have quit after thirlla in manilla)

so these are my suggestions, they are going to differ im sure with yours so please proceed to explain who you believe has out boxed themselves.
          I feel u on that

Comment

joppy destorying an old duran, camacho destroying an old leonard. TRAGIC

Comment

The saddest cases of this are Joe Louis and Mike Tyson. Both of these men were forced to go on because they need/needed the money. Louis's case was probably one of the all around saddest stories in boxing. After Marciano knocked him out, and he had nowhere to go in boxing, he was forced to turn to pro wrestling and later as a greeter at Las Vegas. For all the money he made for people, for all the charities he donated to (on a few ocassions even giving his entire purse to military relief funds, yes all of it!), he ended up broke and ashamed.

One of the things that really pisses me off whenever I think of it is how the IRS taxed those purses that he donated to the military. THEY TAXED HIM ON MONEY HE GAVE TO THE GOVERNMENT!

When you think about all that Joe did, and how unfitting his life after boxing was, you're forced as a human being to come to a sad realization. Joe Louis: there can never be enough praise and love attributed to that name.

Comment

HOLYFIELD, and de la hoya

Comment

holyfield
                  tyson
                  jc chavez

Comment

Hector Camacho has had more comebacks then Cher . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X