Ali was a funny guy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali was a funny guy!

This picture tells it all!!!!

Clay/Ali definitely got under Liston's skin! That was part of his successful strategy! Just look at Liston's face. He wanted to kill him right then and there!

FYI: I still question the outcomes of their fights! Especially the way they ended! I just thought this picture was hysterical!!!

Originally posted by fight fan

This picture tells it all!!!!

Clay/Ali definitely got under Liston's skin! That was part of his successful strategy! Just look at Liston's face. He wanted to kill him right then and there!

FYI: I still question the outcomes of their fights! Especially the way they ended! I just thought this picture was hysterical!!!
    That picture is hilarious. I don't think it was a phantom puch though. I watched the slo motion replay many times and although it is far from conclusive I think he definitely got hit by a solid shot. Just my opinion.

Comment

hes def a character for the ages

Comment

Thats hilarious.

Comment

clay goes out to meet liston
          and liston starts to retreat
          if liston goes back any further
          he'll end up in a ringside seat
          clay swings with his left
          clay swings with his right
          look at the way young cassius carries the fight
          liston keeps backin'
          but there's not enough room
          it's only a matter of time
          before clay lowers the boom

its poems like these that made ali the funniest athlete ever and part of why he is THEE GREATEST!!!

Comment

Hey, Butterfly, you ain't kiddin'. His rhymes and poems were to die for. I still crack at them today.

Comment

I can just imagine Ali saying "Gees... you've piled on the pounds there, Sonny. Good luck." Hehe. Ali was the best!!!

Comment

What was even more amazing to me was Ali's psychological edge! He was so witty, he would just come out with stuff that would make the onlookers howl pissing off his opponent. Liston was the baddest, meanest man in the world at that time and Ali had no reservations of getting under his skin, which you or I would think would be suicide!!!!

Comment

Here are some classic Ali quotes

"I'm the most recognized and loved man that ever lived cuz there weren't no satellites when Jesus and Moses were around, so people far away in the villages didn't know about them."

"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark."

"Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up."

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

"Joe Frazier is so ugly, he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wildlife."

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."

"When you're as great as I am, it's hard to be humble."

Comment

ahhaha some funny quotes there, i like the last one the most

Comment

Working...
                    X