No announcement yet.

chavez vs taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chavez vs taylor

I think taylor got screwed over big time.
    if that ref hadnt stoped the fight, with 2 sec left taylor would have won.
    what do you think?.

Shouldn't have been stopped

Keep in mind the referee does not know how much or how little time is left in the round and is not supposed to base his decisions on that. If there was over a minute left in the round and Taylor was hit like that, it would be a bit less controversial.

Comment

There were only 2 seconds left but it would take much less time than that for Chavez to land that huge final shot. With the condition that taylor was in, it might have killed him. What Taylor lost in that fight was career ending. I'd much rather him lose the fight by tko than lose his life because a referee was worried more about what the fans might say about his actions than the fighters well being...............Rockin'

Comment

thats not true southpaw there was a little red light that went off for the last 10 seconeds of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
          There were only 2 seconds left but it would take much less time than that for Chavez to land that huge final shot. With the condition that taylor was in, it might have killed him. What Taylor lost in that fight was career ending. I'd much rather him lose the fight by tko than lose his life because a referee was worried more about what the fans might say about his actions than the fighters well being...............Rockin'
          i agree, but on the other hand he really deserv to win that, after getting betting so badly. and the fact that it was only 2sec is really hard to accept that stopped from ref

Comment

Taylor got completely screwd. There is no question about it. That was just one of many examples of ****ty ref/judge decisions that have driven away fans from the greatest sport on earth.

Comment

i don't think taylor got screwed i have that fight and the legendary nights taylor vs. chavez and the referee never notices the red light that indicates its the last 10 seconds of the fight so he really did not notice how much time was left in the rnd. taylor got hit with a real hard shot he was aksed 2 times was he ok and he could not answer so i think the ref made the right decision remember he only has a spilt sec. to make the decision to stop the fight taylor's face was a mess and he was out on his feet . look at him know and you see the effects that the fight had on him chavez ruined him .

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Melon Chitlin
                Taylor got completely screwd. There is no question about it. That was just one of many examples of ****ty ref/judge decisions that have driven away fans from the greatest sport on earth.

And this quote is an example of people not understanding the real risks that a fighter takes stepping up. You say that you know what its about but you havent a clue. If you were in that situation you would change your mind and your previous post. Also, if that fight drove away fans than they were never fans to begin with. That was one of the greatest fights, period. Regardless of how it ended..........Rockin'

Comment

I agree it was close to the end of the fight and maybe Taylor could have taken the decision if it continued but damn, did you guys want chavez to kill taylor, not just ruin his career and maybe his life? He was in horrible condition and anymore punishment was not necessary, and as Steele said, the clock was of no importance to him he isn't the timekeeper.

Comment

In 2 seconds Chavez wouldnt have been able to land everything by the time he grabs his gloves , etc, say go it will be like 5 seconds gone...

Comment

Working...
                    X