No announcement yet.

Who was the most feared heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the most feared heavyweight

Im saying George Foreman because of the way he tore through his opponents. In 1970s he didn't fight using his brains which is why he lost to Ali.

Ali however must have been slightly apprehensive before the fight. Norton and Frazier gave him some of his hardest fights and Foreman beat both of them in under two rounds knocking them down several times.

Also Tyson,Dempsey and liston would be well up there.

I would say Liston. Foreman was intimidating onlike now.

Comment

Liston tops my list, followed by Foreman and Tyson.

Comment

i think it was Foreman. After all, Frazier and Ali were scared to face him I believe, two absolutely great champs. A lot of bums were the main ones afraid to fight Tyson. But it's between Tyson and Foreman.

Comment

Most feared heavyweight: JACK JOHNSON - and it had little to do with his boxing ability.

Champion Tommy Burns ducked him for months, and then Jeffries had to be pulled out of years of retirement in order to find someone (someone white) who could lick Johnson. The burden of fighting Johnson was too great for too many to handle. Who wanted The Great White Hope tag applied to them? Bad enough fighting a tough fighter like Johnson, but add onto that the weight of an entire race!? No surprise not many sought to challenge Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Mas
            Most feared heavyweight: JACK JOHNSON - and it had little to do with his boxing ability.

Champion Tommy Burns ducked him for months, and then Jeffries had to be pulled out of years of retirement in order to find someone (someone white) who could lick Johnson. The burden of fighting Johnson was too great for too many to handle. Who wanted The Great White Hope tag applied to them? Bad enough fighting a tough fighter like Johnson, but add onto that the weight of an entire race!? No surprise not many sought to challenge Johnson.

i think u've got something here, then it would be liston and foreman, tyson

Comment

Is say Foreman,Tyson and Liston in that order.

Comment

Tyson, Liston and Foreman are the obvious ones.

I also think prime Holy was fearsome due to his unrelenting determination. He was pretty frightening when he fought Mike Tyson.

And Lennox, too! The Lennox who destroyed Michael Grant and Andrew Golota was hugely intimidating. It's just that the Lewis who boxed Holy and Tua let down that side of him.

Black

Comment

tyson easy

Comment

foreman probably

Comment

Working...
                    X