No announcement yet.

I won my fight :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won my fight :)

Went very well, throughout the day I was eating healthy and drinking only water. As the fight got close by coach just gave me advice, because hes a short lad, just keep my distance throwing the jab, and if I see an opening or if hes hurt then go for him, he told me to particuly use my straight right hand because its very powerful for my weight. (my strongest punch anyway...)

When the fight started my opponent did exactly as I thought he would, he charged towards me and threw a jab, so I slipped his jab and did a double jab, right hand and straight away he stumbled backwards. From that point on during round 1, almost all his punches were missing or just hitting me gloves and arms (I saw the video) and I was landing some good combos, I landed a straight right hand and he stumbled backwards, I hit him again with a right hand and the ref gave him a standing count... shortly after that it was just keeping him at bay with my jab and trying to feint and parry but his defence improved dramatically at this point.

Round 2, my corner said I defintely won that round and now I should look at trying to throw my right hand more often. The round started and the guy started it by throwing a flurry of one - twos, I stepped back and kept him at bay with my jab and did more right hands, I got him against the ropes and his guard went down and I kept hooking him, ref gave him a standing count. After that it was just the same as round 1, oh he landed a punch on my nose and bust it but it was the only punch he really landed, apart from a few body shots.

Round 3 I was nackered, I was throwing far to many punches and my footwork was all over the place. My coach said I was battering him and I uhh forgot what he told me to do The round started and he came in wind milling, but I was able to block, from this point on it was just a case of jabbing, not much went on during this round as the ref was to kind, he wouldnt stop the fight even when I had him against the ropes/

I won by uniamous decision, was happy as I got battered in my last fight and it was a bit of nerve racking experience....

Sounds like a hell of an experience man..good ****

how long you been boxing?..and what's your stats?..(height, weight, etc)

Comment

hey I been boxing for 1 year now, I am 5ft 7 and box at bantam weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
        Went very well, throughout the day I was eating healthy and drinking only water. As the fight got close by coach just gave me advice, because hes a short lad, just keep my distance throwing the jab, and if I see an opening or if hes hurt then go for him, he told me to particuly use my straight right hand because its very powerful for my weight. (my strongest punch anyway...)

When the fight started my opponent did exactly as I thought he would, he charged towards me and threw a jab, so I slipped his jab and did a double jab, right hand and straight away he stumbled backwards. From that point on during round 1, almost all his punches were missing or just hitting me gloves and arms (I saw the video) and I was landing some good combos, I landed a straight right hand and he stumbled backwards, I hit him again with a right hand and the ref gave him a standing count... shortly after that it was just keeping him at bay with my jab and trying to feint and parry but his defence improved dramatically at this point.

Round 2, my corner said I defintely won that round and now I should look at trying to throw my right hand more often. The round started and the guy started it by throwing a flurry of one - twos, I stepped back and kept him at bay with my jab and did more right hands, I got him against the ropes and his guard went down and I kept hooking him, ref gave him a standing count. After that it was just the same as round 1, oh he landed a punch on my nose and bust it but it was the only punch he really landed, apart from a few body shots.

Round 3 I was nackered, I was throwing far to many punches and my footwork was all over the place. My coach said I was battering him and I uhh forgot what he told me to do The round started and he came in wind milling, but I was able to block, from this point on it was just a case of jabbing, not much went on during this round as the ref was to kind, he wouldnt stop the fight even when I had him against the ropes/

I won by uniamous decision, was happy as I got battered in my last fight and it was a bit of nerve racking experience....
        good job man keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
          hey I been boxing for 1 year now, I am 5ft 7 and box at bantam weight.
          That's wassup man..good ****..I see we're the same age..

I want to get in the gym just as a hobby..but than I don't wanna look goofy cuz I'm 23 and going to a boxing gym for the first time..you know?...

anyway I'm 5'6 and about 145 I figure I could get to 135lb and be solid..cuz I got a wide-build..I'm thinkin about gettin in to it soon..

Comment

congrats,keep up the great work

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
              That's wassup man..good ****..I see we're the same age..

I want to get in the gym just as a hobby..but than I don't wanna look goofy cuz I'm 23 and going to a boxing gym for the first time..you know?...

anyway I'm 5'6 and about 145 I figure I could get to 135lb and be solid..cuz I got a wide-build..I'm thinkin about gettin in to it soon..
              No way man, Nate Cambell learnt how to box when he was 25, went pro at 27 and at 35 years old he is a millionaire world champion famed for being a wife beater. Your never to old to start boxing, whether your going for fitness or just to fight.

Comment

post the vids if u have them

Comment

Congrats. If you have a video, it would be cool to post it up.

Comment

my mates got it on his phone but it wouldn't send by bluetooth for some reason so hes gonna put the video on youtube and tell me he said.

Comment

Working...
                    X