No announcement yet.

second fight next saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second fight next saturday

aight i got my second fight next saturday and i wondered if some of the more expieranced fighters could give some pointers. Im probably fighting in 57 or 60 kilo class (featherweight i think) and im short (~1,64 cm). and im probably going against guys ar ound ~1.70.
    In my first fight i without noticing got nervous and forgot my game plan and lost on points. thx for any serious tip .

Remeber to box not fight, pop your jab and move.

Dont think about anything in the ring than boxing the guy in front of you.

Comment

This may sound stupid but make sure you use the facilities before your fight. It will help with the nerves. And they won't be able to beat the **** out of you! (Just a joke). Good luck! I haven't had my first boxing match yet but I sparred in Tae Kwon Do for many years. Going in calm and collected is the best way. And even if you're not pretend to be. It helps.

Comment

Remember to use your jab and try not to psych your self out i look at my oppenents nose when I come to the center of the ring so i never make eye contact and it kinda confusses my oppenent to.

Comment

thx guys i try to remember some of these

Comment

look self-assured. when in the ring, look as doe youve been waiting for this to happen all day. smile n ****..

Comment

dont look at the guys nose, you already know where that is.
              When you step up for the announcements and to touch gloves look him straight in the eyes. Let him know that you are here to fight.

When your boxing him, look at his chest. You will see his gloves, his hips but most important you will see his feet move as well. It will give you the whole picture you will need to ward off any attacks. Trust me on this, you will see everything that you need to. Good luck bro..........Rockin'

Comment

come on now.....this is his SECOND fight. Anybody else remember their first couple fights. Just work out hard enough up till the fight that you can throw more punches than the other guy, cuz if you can do that and keep your hands up, the chances are you'll win, assuming you're fighting someone of similar experience level.

Comment

hmm

Here's my advice:

1) Believe in your ability to take a punch. After all, you're only being hit by a featherweight.

2) Relax. Breathe. Just chill.

3) Throw combos...3 punches at a time or at least 2.

4) Keep the chin down.

Comment

good luck, just relax and stay calm...u'll remember ur gameplan if u stay calm...go out there and do ur thing

Comment

Working...
                    X