No announcement yet.

Coleman vs Ortiz set for UFC 106

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Coleman vs Ortiz set for UFC 106

A bout that UFC president Dana White in July mentioned as possible is apparently now official as reports have surfaced that Tito Ortiz (15-6-1 MMA, 14-6-1 UFC) will meet Mark Coleman (16-9 MMA, 7-4 UFC) at UFC 106.

Fighters Only magazine was the first to report the deal as complete, citing sources close to Coleman, and MMA Authentics executive Mike DiSabato, a sponsor of "The Hammer's," has since posted additional confirmation on his Twitter account.

UFC 106 is scheduled for Nov. 21 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas
    I fancy Ortiz here, think he will have to much for the 44 year old Coleman at this stage. Coleman's gass tank I feel will fail him, but who knows. This is a real legends match, one that would of been better a good few years ago, but hey better late than never...........I guess

Ortiz should definitely be considered a heavy favorite. I'd like to see Coleman pull it off though.

The major thing Coleman has going for him is his superior wrestling, particularly given the fact that Tito's aggressive wrestling is one of his key strengths. He won't outwrestle Coleman, and Coleman may secure some key takedowns in the fight.

Comment

Coleman isn't finishing anyone at this point in his career. His only hope is lay and pray. I expect this fight to end in an edgy decision, going either way. Mark Coleman getting a few solid takedowns at the ends of rounds to sweep some judges or something.. Kind of sad but it's almost methodical on Coleman's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        Coleman isn't finishing anyone at this point in his career. His only hope is lay and pray. I expect this fight to end in an edgy decision, going either way. Mark Coleman getting a few solid takedowns at the ends of rounds to sweep some judges or something.. Kind of sad but it's almost methodical on Coleman's part.
        At 45 years years old and with the meaning of back to back wins over Bonnar and Tito, Coleman would give his nuts to win a highly controversial gift split decision let alone a an actual one.

Tito should win but Coleman has to get props for being one of the few mma pioneers that can actually be competitive

Comment

It will be interesting to see how good Tito fights being that hes been out for a while ...that being said he shouldnt be able to handle Coleman should he ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
            It will be interesting to see how good Tito fights being that hes been out for a while ...that being said he shouldnt be able to handle Coleman should he ?
            Tito likes to use his strengths in fights, he's a big and tough guy at 205 - But he's going to be locked in there with a guy who is much tougher and will be able to outmuscle him everywhere in Coleman. Neither of the two have been noted as polished strikers so I really see this going the distance.

Comment

I'm going to go with Coleman by old mans strength. Remember those times when you were little and did something to get in trouble, only to have your father hurricane your ass and witness some brutal strength, that's Mark Coleman.
              Last edited by Iron Stig; 08-19-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Stig View Post
                I'm going to go with Coleman by old mans strength. Remember those times when you were little and do something to get in trouble, only to have your father hurricane your ass and witness some brutal strength, that's Mark Coleman.
                Imagine dating one of Mark Coleman's daughters. That is going to be a very harsh reality for some kid in the future. Those girls better hope and pray that they don't develop into the kind of girls that are attracted to punkasses, because they will be in for a brutal heartbreak.

Comment

Tito is gonna be fresher then Coleman and get a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
                    Tito is gonna be fresher then Coleman and get a close decision.
                    How do you work that one out ...when Tito hasnt fought in 18 months and Coleman has been fighting in the UFC !?

Comment

Working...
                    X