Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thomas hearns beats ray robinson at welterweight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas hearns beats ray robinson at welterweight....

thomas hearns would have been the greatest welter ever if not for the ray leonard loss, and he was still up on rounds....thomas hearns at welterweight is the best boxer/puncher ive ever seen...its a complete myth he didnt perform in big fights just because he lost to leonard and hearns, he ko'd cuevas one of the best kos ever, and trashed duran....i personally think ray leonard was a smarter fighter than robinson, robinson would probably need 5 fights to get the edge on hearns...how many tall fighters like hearns did srr fight? were any of them one shot killers?

take the prime robinson vs prime hearns at 147 hearns wins...

robinson was one of the hardest punchers, ever and easily had enough power to KO Hearns at ww. he either get to him late or ko him's mid rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      thomas hearns would have been the greatest welter ever if not for the ray leonard loss, and he was still up on rounds....thomas hearns at welterweight is the best boxer/puncher ive ever seen...its a complete myth he didnt perform in big fights just because he lost to leonard and hearns, he ko'd cuevas one of the best kos ever, and trashed duran....i personally think ray leonard was a smarter fighter than robinson, robinson would probably need 5 fights to get the edge on hearns...how many tall fighters like hearns did srr fight? were any of them one shot killers?

Hearns is one of my five favorite fighters of all time, and I couldn't sleep the nights he lost to Leonard, Hagler and Barkley, but I don't see him beating Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post

Hearns is my favorite fighter for all the reasons you've mentioned, but Robinson himself was also a 'one shot killer' with a better chin than Tommy, so I'd give him 1 chance out of 3 to beat Ray at 147.... 154 would have been very interesting.. Hearns was awesome at light middle..

Comment

'thomas hearns would have been the greatest welter ever if not for the ray leonard loss, and he was still up on rounds....thomas hearns at welterweight is the best boxer/puncher ive ever seen...its a complete myth he didnt perform in big fights just because he lost to leonard and hearns, he ko'd cuevas one of the best kos ever, and trashed duran....i personally think ray leonard was a smarter fighter than robinson, robinson would probably need 5 fights to get the edge on hearns...how many tall fighters like hearns did srr fight? were any of them one shot killers?

Ha ha, Thomas Hearns wasn't actually beaten by himself!

As for a Ray Robinson matchup, true Robinson may well have lost. Hearns was simply magnificent at welter. But if I was a betting man I'd favour Robinson to take a late stoppage just as Leonard did.....he may have been behind at the time though!

Comment

I'd favour Robinson for a late round KO.

Comment

hearns is not even in the to 20 of best welterweights,he has a glass jaw and his stamina his poor,he has a good right hand has he demonstrated with the enialtion of cuevas and the almost beheading of duran,but when he fought talent as in leonard and hagler he seemed afraid,i would have to consider hearns for a promotion to the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                hearns is not even in the to 20 of best welterweights,he has a glass jaw and his stamina his poor,he has a good right hand has he demonstrated with the enialtion of cuevas and the almost beheading of duran,but when he fought talent as in leonard and hagler he seemed afraid,i would have to consider hearns for a promotion to the top 10
                If he's not in the top 20 WW's, who do you have in your top 20?

Comment

What are you sniffing?

Did you ever see the SRR who fought at welterweight?

I believe he was 126-1 at welterweight!!
                  DooGee#33 DooGee#33 likes this.

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    SUGAR GAY ROBINSON LOSE??????????

Indeed he would beat the overrated Salty GAY Robinson. His skills are overrated as well as his opponents. A Hearns would be unlike anything Gay had ever faced, and Hearns already dealt with Gay's type of fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X