Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Got Hit By A Crowbar While Attempting An Armbar

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=...1&page=1&pc=41

that was disgusting!

lots of guys on that forum talking about how you cant use bjj in a street fight, cos it's never one on one. there's truth in that. but people often seem to forget that bjj is a genuine martial art, and just cos some high school kid got his head caved in with a crowbar, doesn't mean that there aren't masters of the art that could snap your arm in no time flat, and get out of there. i guess the more you train for sports situations with rules, the less effective you are in street situations.

Comment

Street fights are always determined on who has the weapon or more friends around. It's never fair, because it doesn't have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
        Street fights are always determined on who has the weapon or more friends around. It's never fair, because it doesn't have to be.
        my hands are weapons... it's really not fair on everyone else...

Comment

My instructor always told me that BJJ can be used effectively in a street fight, however, you should be using it as a means to get back to your feet, not trying to keep people in your guard attempting submissions.

Being on your back when you have more than one person around or weapons are involved isn't a smart idea.

Comment

Im just going to comment that using BJJ in a fight when other people are around is generally just a bad idea.

If other people see you trying to choke someone to death(as they perceive it when they go limp) and/or break their bones, theyll see it as overkill, and they wont sit by and watch.

theres a pretty huge difference between a fat lip with a headache and a broken bone.

using a crowbar is really screwed up, so the above doesnt have anything to do with this particular story but...yea. generally people wont take it to the next level unless you do first.

the best strategy in a street fight is to run away, plain and simple. especially if it could turn into a life and death/robbery type of situation...

Comment

Originally posted by P4PGOAT View Post
              my hands are weapons... it's really not fair on everyone else...
              So go fight someone with a crowbar and you'll see what a real weapon feels like.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                My instructor always told me that BJJ can be used effectively in a street fight, however, you should be using it as a means to get back to your feet, not trying to keep people in your guard attempting submissions.

Being on your back when you have more than one person around or weapons are involved isn't a smart idea.
                this is a very good point.
                i've been in that situation, where some guy was on top of me in a street fight, back before i started training bjj, and it was not a good place to be.

Comment

Personally, I never though bjj was practical self defense anyways. Like Wanderlei stated, I do think it is better when used to get back to your feet, ala sweeping and changing to a dominant position. But besides that, I never thought it was practical and this video shows exactly why it isn't.

sucks for the dude who got hit in the head with a crowbar. he didn't have any friends around or anything? ballsy ass dude.

Comment

Some of the comments on that forum are pretty funny.

In an arrest report, Peterson told detectives he used the crowbar to get Corey off his son, but didn't mean to hurt him.

Oh sure.

Anytime I want to break up a fight, I always cave in their skulls with a ****ing crowbar that I just *happen* to be carrying in my back pocket.

You know, just to make sure nobody gets hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X