Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 101- Silva vs. Griffin Discussion (With Poll)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 101- Silva vs. Griffin Discussion (With Poll)

UFC 101 is quickly approaching and only hours away. Many are giving Griffin a very good chance to beat Silva and once again pull off the stunning upset. Others are very confident that Silva will get by Griffin in a challenging but routine test to defend his P4P ranking.

I personally think Silva will stop Griffin sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round. The reason is that Griffin likes to stand and strike, punch for punch, however you can't do that against someone like Silva who has exceptional striking accuracy and rarely gets hit. Against the Jackson fight, Griffin used a more cautious and smarter approach by picking his shots and landing some great leg kicks.

If we see the same Griffin we saw against Jackson, who uses a smart strategy and follows up with it instead of a wild striking Griffin, then perhaps this fight will be a bit closer. However, I think Silva's accuracy, patience and good ground work (if it happens to go to the ground) will be able to get him the victory. Griffin does get dropped by good punches (such as the fights against Jardine, Jackson, Evans etc.) Silva basically wins in all departments...he's quicker, more agile, a better and more accurate striker, and has better ground work. Still...this fight will definitely be exciting because Griffin will push the pace and force Silva to fight more whereas Silva's previous opponents lacked the ability to push the pace. What are your thoughts?
    Silva by (T)KO
    77.78%
    Silva by Submission
    0.00%
    Silva by Decision
    0.00%
    Griffin by (T)KO
    0.00%
    Griffin by Submission
    11.11%
    Griffin by Decision
    0.00%
    Not Sure
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Don Corleone; 08-08-2009, 07:23 AM.

50k on Silva over Griffin. Any takers?

Comment

griffin will win, and i would put up the 50k, put im low on points....

Comment

I'm looking for anyone who's betting on Griffin. I'll give last minute 4-1 odds. My 200K for someone 50K.

Also betting on Penn. It's closer but I'll give 3-1 odds. My 150K for someone's 50K on Florian.

Comment

I'm really not sure. Totally 50/50 on this one.

Comment

Working...
          X