Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez vs Aaron Pryor. Who wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvador Sanchez vs Aaron Pryor. Who wins??

This fight would have been a war!

Pryor

Sanchez wouldn't have properly bulked up unless he naturally grew like Roberto Duran but he seemed small framed, 140 is to high.

Pryor wins a UD or could stop him at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Pryor

Sanchez wouldn't have properly bulked up unless he naturally grew like Roberto Duran but he seemed small framed, 140 is to high.

I think i agree.

If Pryor were closer to Sanchez in weight naturally i would pick Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Pryor

This is a fight that could of happend at lightweight, pryor only left lightweight cos jim watt was avoiding him, and wanted to go back downt to fight ray manchni but arguello told ray to avoid pryor, sanchez was a big feather who could had the frame to go to lightweight. I think pryor would of stopped sanchez late

Comment

Sanchez would school Pryor.

Comment

I think the size advantage wasn't that great. Sanchez fought at 126 but could have easily gone up to 135. If the fight takes place at 130/135. Sanchez wins a UD but if it's at 140, Pryor gets the knockout.

Comment

Attacking Sanchez was like walking into a propeller, he was such smooth fighter with excellent footwork and a great chin.

The worst ive seen Sanchez look is against Ruben Castillo and Cowdell, but i believe he fought to the level of opposition and when he was on he was on.......Nelson, Gomez, Lopez 2x.

Best ive seen Pryor look was against Gaetan Hart,Arguello 1 or possibly Leonidas Asprilla, but the worst ive seen him look was against Dujuan Johnson where it looked for a split second in that fight like he was ready to be taken out.

Pryor attacked with his chin hanging up in air and attacking such an accurate puncher like Sanchez cannot be good imo, although Pryor did use angles well when attacking i must admit.
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 07-27-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

In real life Pryor would've just been too big and too strong for Sanchez, I think Sanchez at best would've been effective at 135 and no higher.

Pound for pound wise though it's an interesting fight, I think Sanchez would play the role of counterpuncher where Pryor would be the aggressor throwing punches in bunches like he always did. Hard fight to call really, Pryor would win the early rounds but I think Sanchez would be able to find his rhythm somewhat by the middle rounds and start timing Pryor because Pryor could be timed and left himself open quite a bit. As I said, hard fight to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  Attacking Sanchez was like walking into a propeller, he was such smooth fighter with excellent footwork and a great chin.

The worst ive seen Sanchez look is against Ruben Castillo and Cowdell, but i believe he fought to the level of opposition and when he was on he was on.......Nelson, Gomez, Lopez 2x.

Best ive seen Pryor look was against Gaetan Hart,Arguello 1 or possibly Leonidas Asprilla, but the worst ive seen him look was against Dujuan Johnson where it looked for a split second in that fight like he was ready to be taken out.

Pryor attacked with his chin hanging up in air and attacking such an accurate puncher like Sanchez cannot be good imo, although Pryor did use angles well when attacking i must admit.
                  A green Nelson beat the hell out of Sanchez. I had him up by a point or two before the stoppage. Pyror would be attacking Sanchez in much of the same way, except with better balance, better chin, and obviously more experience to know how to cope with Sanchez.

Pryor by decision. His first fight with Arguello says it all. Even if you beat his ass, he'd come back stronger and make you pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                    A green Nelson beat the hell out of Sanchez. I had him up by a point or two before the stoppage. Pyror would be attacking Sanchez in much of the same way, except with better balance, better chin, and obviously more experience to know how to cope with Sanchez.

Pryor by decision. His first fight with Arguello says it all. Even if you beat his ass, he'd come back stronger and make you pay for it.

Sanchez was taking over that fight and giving Nelson a beating towards the end of the fight.

Pryor left his chin hanging out all the time, he was dropped by many many fighters, and he looked ready to be TKO'ed by Dujuan Johnson.

Alexis Arguello had, had 70+ fights when he fought Pryor and he had been in tough fights with with Olivares, Escalera, Mancini, Limon and many others.

Pryor is too reckless to beat a smooth Boxer like Sanchez, he would get broke down eventually just like Nelson.

At 140 its Pryor but if they are both naturally the same weight its Sanchez for me.
                    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 07-28-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X