No announcement yet.

i need help with thinking in the ring and doing what im taught

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help with thinking in the ring and doing what im taught

man i got in the ring today after a 3 month layoff and looked terrible. my punches were wide and sloppy my blance was off and i didnt close the distnace at all man smh. i didnt have my feet under me either so i couldnt throw the right punches and i coundt get any leverage or throw the correct hook or uppercut. what happened? i was almost embarrased. what can i do to relax breath easy and think about my shot in the ring. more precisely how can i throw the punches in the ring like i do on the pads or heavybag?

What did you do before the layoff? How did you act in the ring then? Train as you wouldve before, build your confidence back up

Comment

don't do either

Comment

dont take 3 month breaks and spar more

Comment

Originally posted by LVBoxer1 View Post
          What did you do before the layoff? How did you act in the ring then? Train as you wouldve before, build your confidence back up
          i was relxed more back then and not as nervous and i breathed better and didnt panic before. but i totally forgot everything i did in the past to get me to were i was

Comment

You need to be put through drills.

Your trainer should be dealing with it.

My trainer always tells me if I don't hate training then I haven't trained enough - I have to say I agree.

Comment

Well, apparently i'm trying to do the opposite. I'm trying not to think in the ring, only listen and react. So how am i supposed to do that? I'm what you might call, an evil genius. Always plotting and planning, scheming and conniving. LOL. Too smart for my own good...just kidding.

But on the real, im trying to be as simpoe, relaxed and primitive as much as i can be in that ring. I'm tryin to shut my brain off.

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                Well, apparently i'm trying to do the opposite. I'm trying not to think in the ring, only listen and react. So how am i supposed to do that? I'm what you might call, an evil genius. Always plotting and planning, scheming and conniving. LOL. Too smart for my own good...just kidding.

But on the real, im trying to be as simpoe, relaxed and primitive as much as i can be in that ring. I'm tryin to shut my brain off.
                That's exactly why he needs to be put through drills extensively.

Only once you've done a thing hundreds of times can you do it instinctively without thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Frazier View Post
                  That's exactly why he needs to be put through drills extensively.

Only once you've done a thing hundreds of times can you do it instinctively without thinking.
                  Exactly. You go into a boxers mind state

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
                    man i got in the ring today after a 3 month layoff and looked terrible. my punches were wide and sloppy my blance was off and i didnt close the distnace at all man smh. i didnt have my feet under me either so i couldnt throw the right punches and i coundt get any leverage or throw the correct hook or uppercut. what happened? i was almost embarrased. what can i do to relax breath easy and think about my shot in the ring. more precisely how can i throw the punches in the ring like i do on the pads or heavybag?
                    Tons of shadowboxing, drills, and make sure someone is watching you on the bags. People develop bad habits on the bags when they are not being watched to correct flaws.

Comment

Working...
                    X