No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs any great heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis vs any great heavyweight

Seems to me as if no one rates Louis' head-to-head ability these days and that he is made out to be an underdog against just about any great heavyweight.

Which great heavyweights do you think he would be able to beat? Would you favour him over any post-early 1900's heavyweight?

louis ko over frazier
    louis ko over patterson
    louis ud over johnson
    louis ud over holyfield
    louis ko over moorer

ali and holmes would decision him.
    liston , tyson and foreman would ko him.
    lewis , bowe and klitschkos are too big for him.

Comment

If Light Heavyweight Billy Conn dominated him, if Walcott a great boxer dominated him and got robbed, he got knocked down by everybody including BUMS like Galento..what makes you think he'd be so great against the best ever?

And now you're saying he's being underrated in these matchups while you and your clown posse pick him to beat ANYONE ever lived. Joke's on you lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
        And now you're saying he's being underrated in these matchups while you and your clown posse pick him to beat ANYONE ever lived. Joke's on you lads.
        I don't see anyone picking him to beat anyone who ever lived, I do see someone who doesn't seem to believe he could beat anybody though.
        You obviously have a personal dislike for Louis and allow it to colour your opinions so it is impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          If Light Heavyweight Billy Conn dominated him, if Walcott a great boxer dominated him and got robbed, he got knocked down by everybody including BUMS like Galento..what makes you think he'd be so great against the best ever?

Conn and Walcott hardly dominated him if they both ended up flat on the canvas for over 10 seconds.

I've always picked Ali to beat Louis but I argue against people who think Ali would beat him without question. Both have weaknesses that could be exploited.

I also stated that I would favour Foreman over Louis in a single match-up due to his overwhelming power and strength. Again, people tend to overlook Foreman's obvious flaws which could play right into Louis' hands.

Here's a short video I've made of Louis quickly taking a look at his strengths and weaknesses:

07:00

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Conn and Walcott hardly dominated him if they both ended up flat on the canvas for over 10 seconds.
            You could as easily forward the Conn argument in the Mariano v Walcott 1 fight. Last man standing wins, end of broadcast.

Comment

Seems to me as if no one rates Louis' head-to-head ability these days and that he is made out to be an underdog against just about any great heavyweight.

Which great heavyweights do you think he would be able to beat? Would you favour him over any post-early 1900's heavyweight?
              It may well be a "generational" thing. There are lots of posters who have a line drawn in time and they tend to discount any fighter who fought prior to that point in time. Just where that line is drawn varies from poster to poster but as a general guideline the younger the poster is the closer to the present time that line is usually drawn.

This is different from a poster like Slimey Limey aka JulioCesa(r)Chavez aka Rafael Benitez: He's just a troll and an attention whore who hasn't figured out yet everybody laughs at him.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                I don't see anyone picking him to beat anyone who ever lived, I do see someone who doesn't seem to believe he could beat anybody though.
                You obviously have a personal dislike for Louis and allow it to colour your opinions so it is impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with you.
                That's about the strength of it mate....

A ******, who power walks through his neibourhood holding a can of white lightning while screaming abuse & spitting everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  That's about the strength of it mate....

A ******, who power walks through his neibourhood holding a can of white lightning while screaming abuse & spitting everywhere...
                  Me or him?

Comment

Of cource you don't see it because you're blind to every fact that you don't like to hear.
                    I didn't say Louis wouldn't beat "anybody". He'd simply lose to most of the ATG's based on what I've seen from his fights. He's overrated.
                    I don't have a personal dislike for Louis himself, I have one for his fans who act as if he was this flawless invincible God who couldn't do anything wrong. Even with the worst possible styles mismatch you got morons who think he'd win. And those are mostly strawman arguments.

Like I said before, take off your so called Marciano fan mask and bend over in the Louis crowd where you belong.

I've always picked Ali to beat Louis but I argue against people who think Ali would beat him without question. Both have weaknesses that could be exploited.

I also stated that I would favour Foreman over Louis in a single match-up due to his overwhelming power and strength. Again, people tend to overlook Foreman's obvious flaws which could play right into Louis' hands.

Here's a short video I've made of Louis quickly taking a look at his strengths and weaknesses:

07:00
                    So he finally caught a Light heavyweight and knocked him out after being completely dominated. As if that's something to be proud of.
                    And Louis never knocked out Walcott in the first fight. He was dominated there as well and was robbed.
                    Schmeling also slapped around and made Louis quit the first time.
                    Not to mention all the bums who hurt him and knocked him down.

All of this is a lot of stuff that shows Louis' was very vulnerable. Most of the ATG's took nowhere near this amount of abuse. He simply doesn't fair well in head to head matchups. like I said before, he's better off in a greatness argument because atleast he has consistency.

Me or him?
                    You and him both.

Comment

Working...
                    X