No announcement yet.

Stationary cycling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationary cycling

I have decided to start stationary cycling for cardio, instead of outside walking, due to the inclement weather outside, and the fact that my schedule does not always allow to walk at the best time of day outside.

I need help with the following aspects.

How do I blend in warming up on the bike, stretching and calisthenics and weights, cardio on the bike, and cooling down.

How would yall recommend doing this?

What would a routine look like?

I haven't forgot about you, Damian. Just been busy this week. Give me some time to work out a routine for you.

Comment

I hope you have an iPod, I get bored on stationary bikes. Treadmills are alot better, for some silly reason its exciting and more rewarding watching the distance climb while jogging on em.

Comment

I love stationary bikes. I lift a lot of weights and combine a cardio sessions in between. My question is this- I work so hard on the bike and always time myself over distances on all kinds of tensions- i give 100% in the weights room and in everything i do. However why is it that a person can become so good at one form of exercise but yet struggle in something else?- i mean i tried some running to mix it up but to my amazement i lasted about 10mins. i figured with the work i do on cycling i should be able to adapt to running quite easily but that just wasn't the case! i appear to be superfit on a bike but unfit in the running department. I only chose to cycle cause i feel that it is the best form of cardio work to combine with weights as it works the legs really well so you kinda kill two birds with one stone. Any scientific advice on this would help

Comment

Working...
        X