No announcement yet.

Developing a training regimen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing a training regimen

I'm not going to give specifics, instead I'm going to recommend an overall strategy for developing a routine.

As far as I've concluded, there are three main, fundamental avenues to pursue when thinking about developing a routine.

First - history. Research famous fighters diets and training routines. Look for overall trends among successful athletes and fighters, as well as unusual thinks done by standouts or fighters that needed to do everything right (successful old age athletes etc.)

Second - personal experience. Pay attention to what works for you and what doesn't. Pay attention to how you feel after you eat or while you train and remember what you ate/did to get you there.

Third - science and theory. Talk to professionals and trainers, look up information online and in books.

In my experience, all of these avenues have been useful, and there has been almost no conflict between the information provided by them. If anyone has any suggestions for additional avenues or improvements please let me know.

Originally posted by Kinetic Linking View Post
    I'm not going to give specifics, instead I'm going to recommend an overall strategy for developing a routine.

As far as I've concluded, there are three main, fundamental avenues to pursue when thinking about developing a routine.

First - history. Research famous fighters diets and training routines. Look for overall trends among successful athletes and fighters, as well as unusual thinks done by standouts or fighters that needed to do everything right (successful old age athletes etc.)

Second - personal experience. Pay attention to what works for you and what doesn't. Pay attention to how you feel after you eat or while you train and remember what you ate/did to get you there.

Third - science and theory. Talk to professionals and trainers, look up information online and in books.

In my experience, all of these avenues have been useful, and there has been almost no conflict between the information provided by them. If anyone has any suggestions for additional avenues or improvements please let me know.

will you be posting your workout here once you have worked one out, i will be interested to see it...

Comment

Working...
    X