No announcement yet.

New trainer and boxing politics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trainer and boxing politics

I am so ****ing tired of the politics of boxing. I went to a new trainer after 3 years with the same guy. I love my old trainer but I am at a level that his training can longer make me better. I have been stale for 6 months. I became very good friends with him and now he is bitter at me for wanting to better myself. I just hate the politics in boxing...

Damn danny I haven't seen you on here for a long time.

As for your trainer, it's not really the politics of boxing as it is the politics of human nature. Almost everyone will be a bit bitter when you basically tell them "I'm leaving you for something better". If you know that it's what you need to do, then do it. If your old trainer doesn't want to maintain a decent relationship with you because of it, then don't try to maintain one with him. He should understand where you're coming from.

Comment

yeah I been through alot with him and always stuck by him. So I hope he understands. Yeah i have been on in a bit, been doing alot of lurking...

Comment

At my old gym a bunch of guys left to do the same thing.
        Some found what they were looking for, others didn't.
        Our old coach was always supportive though and always wished the best for all of his guys.
        I imagine he'll be sensitive about it at first and accept it over time.

Comment

Sup pork, long time but, how those old bones holdin up? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
            Sup pork, long time but, how those old bones holdin up? LOL
            broke my ribs in april (after bruising them in January) and have been getting back in the gym.
            just started seeing a chiropractor this week, tomorrow will be my 4th visit, I think it's starting to help.
            have a fight in july so i don't have much time to screw around.

how bout yourself?

Comment

Lost in the Florida GG's (heavy) to the eventual winner by doctor stoppage (broken nose) Close fight. Moving down to cruiser for amateur world champs in KC in August. May be last hurrah in competitive boxing as I am 30. Good luck in July brother, lets rep the old farts!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X