Patrick Cote on his nEwLy scheduled fight against Tito Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Cote on his nEwLy scheduled fight against Tito Ortiz

Patrick Cote to fight Tito Ortiz

Times they are a changing. Just 24 hours ago Mezger was set to take on Tito Ortiz in the final instalment of their 3 part series. Now it seems that Mezger is out and will be replaced by little known Canadian fighter Patrick Cote. Patrick Cote has got into the UFC on the strength of an impressive 15 second win over the tough BIll Mahood. Before that he had a KO victory over Steve Vigneault and a strong decision over Yan Pellerin. It is unknown at this time how serious the injury/sickness/ailment to Mezger is but we at MMA Ring Report wish Mezger a complete and speedy recovery MMA. Shortly after hearing the news that he was to face Ortiz "The Sushiboy" sat down with him and talked about fighting in the main event of the big show.

MMARR: Are you going to change your training because you are changing opponents on such short notice?

Cote: No I think Tito Ortiz and Marvin Eastman are not the same guys, but are like the same fighters. Both guys are wrestlers who train a lot on their mui thai skills so the training does not change. I don’t change my style because it is Tito, he is a fighter and a human just like me.

MMARR: What do you think about going from a Preliminary fight ( He was scheduled to fight 2nd ) to fighting in the main event?

Cote: I like that because I prefer to fight on the last bout on the show because I just feel better about that.

MMARR: When you say you feel better about that what do you mean?

Cote: Because everyone knows that I am a showman, and I like to put on a show for many people. When you have a lot of people in the stage I feel better and this is my game when I have few people because I like to fight in front of them.

MMARR: Do you think Ortiz will be changing his game-plan because he is fighting you instead?

Cote: I don’t think he will change and if he wants to stand toe to toe he will lose. I am a better boxer then him but if it goes to the ground I am so ready I have a lot of tricks in my bag.

MMARR: How do you see the fight playing out ?

Cote: I don’t know. I want to take my time, if I knock him in the first round it is good for me but I can fight for all three rounds. If he wants to fight with me in the stand up, my right hand is on stand by!!!

MMARR: How do you feel about representing TKO, Canada, and your team in the main event of the UFC?

Cote: It is really good for the sport in Canada because I don’t think the American people and fans have a lot of respect for us and it is the best time to prove that we are good.

MMARR: Your teammate Georges St Pierre is fighting on the semi main event. What are your thoughts on that fight?

Cote: Georges… I train with him and he is very ready. I think Matt Hughes is probably the best fighter pound for pound but George has nothing lose in this match and he will win by TKO because Matt will not be able tot take him down.

MMARR: Your teammate Georges St Pierre is fighting on the semi main event. What are your thoughts on that fight?

Cote: Georges… I train with him and he is very ready. I think Matt Hughes is probably the best fighter pound for pound but George has nothing lose in this match and he will win by TKO because Matt will not be able tot take him down.

MMARR: What was your first thought when you fought out that you were going to fight Tito Ortiz?

Cote: First I was excited about this idea I just called my coach and my teammates cause I just want the group is on the same line and I told my coach Phillipe Lagace. He said you have the style to beat this man you move a lot and you have good boxing skills. And He feels I have better ground then him. I don’t want to play the wrestling game with him but my ground is good.

MMARR: Tito Ortiz is a Cardio Machine, are you prepared to go three strong rounds with him because he is always ready to go the distance.

Cote: I am prepared, each Friday I go 5 rounds with St Pierre and it is ****ing hard training and I am so ready I am just preparing for the big show.

MMARR: What are your thoughts on fighting for the UFC?

Cote: It is a great federation, it is the best organization in the world and fighting for them is very good for me and the exposure of my team.

Have you thought anything about future fights after Tito Ortiz?

Cote: Right now I just concentrate on this fight and when I beat him I will check out other guys but right now I just want to put my energy on this fight.

MMARR: Anything you would like to say to the UFC and Patrick Cote fans out there?

Cote: Don’t blink because I am going to the UFC to stay..

****, why not put Eastman vs. Ortiz instead of Cote? What's the deal here?

Comment

YEAH!! I hadn't though about it mmafanman, Eastman vs Ortiz could be a very good fight...

Comment

Because Ortiz didn't want to fight Eastman apparently. Funny thing is, I think Ortiz matches up much better against Eastman.

Comment

Oh man, he's not going to be ready at all for Tito.

He will get MAULED.

Comment

Eastman is not the same caliber of fighter as Cote. Eastman was in for a beating. He should be happy this happened.

Comment

I dont know **** about Cote, I hope Tito tears him up though.....

Comment

Going out on the limb here, I will pick Tito by brutal KO. ( My record on betting (picking) tito is perfect!) Everytime I pick him, he loses. He is a great fighter. I hope this time he wins when I am picking him.

Comment

Cote by TKO

=CH

Comment

Working...
                  X