No announcement yet.

Can I do this an AM boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do this an AM boxing?

Last night I had an AM fight. My coach didn't tell me **** about who I was fighting. I barely made 140 and I get in the ring. my ****ing jaw dropped I see this really muscular black guy enter the ring. I was scared ****less he was bigger than me. He hit damn hard I gave up after the first round he was close to knocking me out. I found out later that he was 10lbs heavier and had 7 fights I only had 2 fights.

If I feel uncomfortable before I am fighting because I feel a guy is not in the same weight category as me can I tell the ref I don't wanna fight and not get a loss on my record.? I felt really bad about losing but, I'd rather quit than lie on the canvas unconcious if that happened I could never get myself to box ever again.

So if I notice my opponent looks heavier than me by like more than 5lbs can I get the fight called off right at the ring by talking to the ref or something? What's the maximum weight difference for a fight?

also have anybody else had trouble getting into this site today?
    Last edited by pyrovampx; 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM.

Same thing happened to hatton last night. He tought he would be fighting a weak little chinese guy. When he found out that wasen't the case it was too late to get out.

Comment

I never pull out

Comment

Surely you both got weighed in. I am guessing your trainer waved off the weight difference.

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 :) View Post
          Surely you both got weighed in. I am guessing your trainer waved off the weight difference.
          yeah we both did but I did not know who my opponent was. It's really unfair because I can't use skill to beat him if he is more experienced than me I have all the disadvantages.

Comment

I'm not sure at when the bout becomes official and has to have a winner and loser. If you are already in the ring and you say you don't want to fight I'm sure you'd lose by walk over or abandonment or something like that.

But who cares? Records aren't important in amateur boxing, and you shouldn't risk your health if you don't want to just so you don't have another loss on your record.

Comment

why did you quit?!

you should have just hung in there and done your best, you're not going to get seriously hurt in amateur boxing dude, the ref or your trainer will stop the fight if you are in any serious trouble

Comment

you shouldnt have gave up, I would have rather been on the canvas.

Comment

dont agree to weight differences.....

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
                    dont agree to weight differences.....
                    i disagree, sometimes the only fight you can get is with someone a bit heavier, or you can trade weight for somethign else, eg: if you have 5 fights and weigh 120 lbs you could fight someone who weighs 130 who has only had 2 fights

it also depends how good you are, usually a good fighter can overcome a weight difference (to an extent)

Comment

Working...
                    X