No announcement yet.

Concussion is it common in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concussion is it common in boxing

I sparred yeasterday got hit with a punch at the top of the head, went down but jumped up and carried on sparring, funny thing is when i went down me legs felt ok and jumped up and felt fine. But av head bad headache and sore ear since could it be concussion?
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 04-24-2009, 03:42 PM.

Anything??

Comment

look, obviously concussions are common in boxing. it's a sport that favors and encourages knockouts.

headaches, bumps, bruises, pains, etc. are part of every contact sport. a headache after sparring not mean you are concussed. was your lower body numb or "tingling"? were you nauseous? were your pupils dilating in the light? if you really thought you had a concussion you should be at a doctors right now, not on boxing scene.

Comment

Minor concussion = Rocked

Severe concussion = KOed

yes its common.

Comment

Of course concussions are common in boxing, but depends what you mean by common. Your not supposed to get concussed once a week or anything close to that. Then you are sparring with the wrong people. You need to spar people who are similar in size and skill and should only get rocked once in a while. If boxing was a sport where people got concussed every sparring session there would be a lot less people doing it. And next time, don't try to be a tough guy and jump right back up after you get dropped. There's a reason your body gave away. Keep doing that and you'll be talking like Holyfield in no time.

Comment

Working...
          X