No announcement yet.

Lowering body fat %

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering body fat %

whats the go with lowering body fat %? atm im at around 15%. i swim 5 days a week for a half hour (1.5k) i drink probly once a month, smoke weed even less and dont eat fast food. as for my meals:

breaky: 1 egg on toast with avocado and a bit of shaved leg ham. mixed berry smoothy with low fat milk and a scoop of low fat yogurt.

snack: banana / muesli bar

lunch: 1 sandwich on rye or wholemeal with tuna or ham, tomato, mixed lettuce, avo, onion, beetroot, capcicum, cucumber, cheese

afternoon: depends, sometimes a bowl of 'sustain' cereal with low fat milk, or some tuna and avo on vitawheat biscuits.

dinner: spag bol or chicken and salad, or pesto/ tomato raviolli.

as for water, not really sure usually about 1.5 Liters

ive been out of the gym for the last 2 months followin this due to a shoulder injury but my body fat jus isnt decreasin. any advice? do i need to up the exercise or edit my diet or both?

an im around 180cm tall if that helps...

Comment

Originally posted by ACC295 View Post
      an im around 180cm tall if that helps...
      how much do you weigh

Comment

a) swimming won't help you lose weight. Infact unless you go as fast as hell your body will be shocked by the thermal loss caused by water and will drive your hunger to very high level.

b) Low fat product=will get you fatter.

The lack of fats automatically increase the GI and thus the nice deposit of belly fat.

Comment

Originally posted by mmrooms View Post
          a) swimming won't help you lose weight. Infact unless you go as fast as hell your body will be shocked by the thermal loss caused by water and will drive your hunger to very high level.

b) Low fat product=will get you fatter.

The lack of fats automatically increase the GI and thus the nice deposit of belly fat.
          a) Swimming burns a lot of calories, which equals weight loss if the amount of calories you burn is more than what you consume. In fact, I lost more fat from swimming 3 times a week, 40 minutes each time than I did from running 6 times a week, 30 minutes each time.

b) Maybe low-fat products will get you fatter, in the sense that the products that are labeled "low-fat" have a lot of other preservatives and **** that might make you fact. But, the fact still remains that as long as you consume fat, but cut down on the amount that you consume, chances are that you will lose some fat. You obviously need it, but what you're saying is that by consuming less fat a day, you will gain more fat. That's like saying if I eat less, I'll **** more.

Comment

Low fat generally means high sugar content
            Use HIIT cardio in addition to your swimming if your not sure what HIIT is google it. drop some of your carbs and sugars especially after your noon snack
            Last edited by icedog11; 03-18-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

diet looks good but i think your workout isnt enough if your bf% isnt lowering. either swim the same speed but longer or swim the same amount of time but harder. for your height your bf% is just about right for someone who eats well and is in decent shape and for your height. as you get closer to single digits it gets a little harder if you arent watching every calorie and doing what needs to be done in the exercise department if your looking to drop bf% as fast as you can. unless your trying to drop that bf% uber fast then i say leave the diet alone or change it up just a little bit and up your workout and you should be fine. if you keep the 30 min swimming time maybe try swimming 1 lap as hard as you can and then do 2 laps at your regular speed and alternate 1-2 hard laps and 2 regular laps. never actually thought about doing HIIT in swimming until your post lol. sounds like itll be harsh but effective. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                burns a lot of calories, which equals weight loss
                no at all, you have to consider your variation in the metabolic rate. Metabolism account many more calories than the exercise itself, and this is why HIIT has been so popular in the last century.

But, the fact still remains that as long as you consume fat, but cut down on the amount that you consume, chances are that you will lose some
                No at all. If you eat the same calories under the form of carbos rather than fats you'll gain more weight. Be careful.

Comment

H.I.I.T is good at burning fat. It burns less fat while working out than steady state cardio, but it keeps burning for hours after the workout is done.

It's exhausting as hell though. I threw up water the first time I did it.

Comment

firstly, cheers for the replies everyone, some real useful information in there for me.

probs gonna maintain the swim cos i enjoy it and add some HIIT in one form or another, as well as drop the low fat products.

btw i weigh 64.

Comment

Working...
                    X