No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson talks about the great heavyweights of the past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson talks about the great heavyweights of the past

A while ago I posted a video of Ali "reviewing" Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, etc.

Here's a similar video with Tyson:

Great stuff!

Tyson proves he's smarter than most of you dopes:

"I rate Rocky Marciano one of the all time greats because of his longevity and his record."

Comment

Very intelligent guy.

he was very smart and humble right after he left prison, he was a practising Muslim i think, and was really reserved and nice. But once Don King came in, Money and the ills of society came in, he sort of lost it again.

He really is a down to earth guy, more so than some people give him credit for.

Comment

Mike's been a student of the game since he first hooked up wit Cus as a kid. He knows his **** well.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
          Very intelligent guy.

he was very smart and humble right after he left prison, he was a practising Muslim i think, and was really reserved and nice. But once Don King came in, Money and the ills of society came in, he sort of lost it again.

He really is a down to earth guy, more so than some people give him credit for.
          I think this is in the 80's.

He converted to Islam in the 90's, yeah after he had gotten out of prison. He stayed straight for a short while but not too long.

Comment

thanks for the vid share...

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
              A while ago I posted a video of Ali "reviewing" Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, etc.

Here's a similar video with Tyson:
              ** You're almost a forum unto yourself. Might consider making it official and creating your own.

Great quip by Mike about needing a laxative to view Johnson's fights they were so boring. This was Mike at his peak completely dedicated to boxing, both training for and study of. Of course being raised at the knees of D'amato, Jacobs, and Cayton gives him a huge advantage over previous fighter's knowledge of the history of the sport, but still, for '87 or so when this was filmed, his level of understanding the sport way ahead of the curve compared to previous fighters even if he is still probably parroting somewhat what D'amato and Jacobs preached to him.

Maybe Jack Dempsey the only other fighter who actually studied the sport and could really talk about it in that manner.

My impression he ranks Joe, but maybe Jack also as co-#1s, with Rocky next though he never provides a numerical ranking. Given his praise of Ali, could be he actually ranks him first, but sort of understates him. I'd guess that years of the scripts needed to control his mental breakdowns as much as the punches have taken a toll on his faculties, but it'd be interesting to see his heavy list today.

Maybe your new website could include a view only forum for fighters to post their own lists of rankings of great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                Yeah and that vid has been taken down

Comment

Comment

thx great stuff i will watch it in the near future

Comment

Working...
                    X