More on the Lindland situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the Lindland situation

http://www.insidefighting.com/betwee...p.aspx?uid=489

I like Lindland alot. I think it's a damn shame that an oiled up, body shaved, ref punching, loud mouth like Baroni gets special treatment while the best fighter the UFC has at 185 is thrown aside. I still want to see the BEST fighters fight, not loud mouths with mediocre records. I hope this gets back to being a sport and that Zuffa stops going in the direction of WWE. They are trying too hard to go after the beer swilling redneck pro-wrestling fans and ignoring TRUE mma fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Dawg
      I like Lindland alot. I think it's a damn shame that an oiled up, body shaved, ref punching, loud mouth like Baroni gets special treatment while the best fighter the UFC has at 185 is thrown aside. I still want to see the BEST fighters fight, not loud mouths with mediocre records. I hope this gets back to being a sport and that Zuffa stops going in the direction of WWE. They are trying too hard to go after the beer swilling redneck pro-wrestling fans and ignoring TRUE mma fans.
      True dat

Comment

Yeah well... they have to expand their buy-rate in the short term for it to get the kind of exposure that will see a rise in the numbers of MMA fans...

If they catered purely for the hardcore, they'd probably go out of business. None of us want to see that happen.

Have patience

Comment

So for all you Lindland supporters keep on shouting from your soapboxes. You are entitled to voice your opinions. Just remember that the Middleweight Division is NOT the Heavyweight Division, and should not be taking up much more space on the card than it already does. This limited space and limited exposure is best saved for fighters who get a rise out of the crowd, "clowns" (as Matt Lindland calls them) like Phil Baroni and Lee Murray are the right guys for the job. Matt Lindland has established a good name for himself in MMA. But he has painted himself into a corner by having the style that he does, and his presence within the Middleweight Division is not one that is desperately required to keep things moving along in an interesting fashion.
          this mother ****er just made the list

Comment

I immediatly hated him when I read that too, but he speaks for the people so what can ya do?

What a jackass.

Comment

yea. **** his ass. he is speaking for some people, not all. thats for damn sure. lindland owns. Cwaiazzosisonoas or whatever that ***'s name is.... needs to die...... soon. I dont wanna read anymore of his bull****.

Comment

I agree with Dogg too. That *** does need to die soon.

Comment

That was an editorial piece of journalism. His opinion and no one elses, his opinion is ****.

Comment

Working...
                  X