No announcement yet.

liver shot in amateurs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liver shot in amateurs?

why does no one ever try liver shots in amateurs it would help pretty good in amateurs no? I mean you could get an easy tko from it.

Some do, but dont expect that shot to gain any points.

Comment

ya, amateur boxing is different, im sure your well aware, but alot of coaches dont even tell there fights to punch the face, there target is the little pad on the forehead, why? you get punched in the forehead better chance your head moves back, and how can a judge miss that, and i love liver shots tbh, first 15 seconds i get inside and pound the body then do my thing

Comment

the liver blow is like my signature punch. Its Perfect to use for that first shot when getting into the inside

Comment

Originally posted by pyrovampx View Post
          why does no one ever try liver shots in amateurs it would help pretty good in amateurs no? I mean you could get an easy tko from it.
          You just answered yourself. Because it's the amateurs. To win you only need to score points, it's not about who ends up the most damaged (being a three/four rounder, body shots aren't going to come into play much are they? Good for the long stretch ie. 12 rounds), it's about who scores the most and body shots are basically overlooked unless it's a very clear, solid shot.

It's also highly unlikely that you'll ever get an easy TKO within a few rounds from a body shot. Unless they're a beaten down old drunk with severe cirrhosis of the liver then a few shots over a few rounds just won't do the necessary damage to put them away. I can't remember ever hearing of someone getting a TKO in the ams from a single body shot. No doubt it's happened enough, but it's rather rare and you're certainly not going to ever get an easy TKO win with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            You just answered yourself. Because it's the amateurs. To win you only need to score points, it's not about who ends up the most damaged (being a three/four rounder, body shots aren't going to come into play much are they? Good for the long stretch ie. 12 rounds), it's about who scores the most and body shots are basically overlooked unless it's a very clear, solid shot.

It's also highly unlikely that you'll ever get an easy TKO within a few rounds from a body shot. Unless they're a beaten down old drunk with severe cirrhosis of the liver then a few shots over a few rounds just won't do the necessary damage to put them away. I can't remember ever hearing of someone getting a TKO in the ams from a single body shot. No doubt it's happened enough, but it's rather rare and you're certainly not going to ever get an easy TKO win with it.
            I actually seen that done, against a southpaw with a right cross.

Anyway, you are right, I was watching am. eurocup and in the semifinals there Lomachenko was fighting some frenchman, and he landed there something like 15-20 good body shots, none of them were counted.

Comment

I've seen plenty here in florida.. body knock outs were sortsa common at the sunshine state games.

yea but if you dont get it ... it would suck all that work for nuthin.

Comment

Body shot stoppages are more common that head shot stoppages from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                  I've seen plenty here in florida.. body knock outs were sortsa common at the sunshine state games.

yea but if you dont get it ... it would suck all that work for nuthin.
                  Yeah right, that's interesting. I can't ever remember seeing anyone stopped by a body shot in the ams. Seen guys hurt to the body but never stopped. Maybe they were old dudes with shot livers eh?

I agree though, if you put in a ton of work to the body only to have none of it count for points and you don't get the stoppage quick enough, that seriously blows.

Originally posted by Super Zab Judah View Post
                  Body shot stoppages are more common that head shot stoppages from what I have seen.
                  Maybe now, as I haven't watched the ams for a fair while, but when I was fighting it was very rare indeed. Maybe there is a lot more badly conditioned guys going up against the top amateurs and getting their poor broken down livers popped.

Either way, unless you know that you can stop the guy with body shots then go for it, but don't expect to be given many, if any, points at all for it. That's the ams for you.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 03-06-2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

lol good luck getting them scored

i still throw to the body sometimes, a few rips or a long straight downstairs....but yeah dont rely on them

Comment

Working...
                    X