No announcement yet.

Starting Jiu Jitsu Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Jiu Jitsu Tomorrow

Heading to the Manhattan Mall tomorrow to pick up some birthday gifts, called in and made an appointment for an Introductory Class at Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu. It's only a couple of blocks from the Manhattan Mall and the class is only a half hour long to see if I like the place and if I'm interested in returning. I'm pretty positive that I'll be training there for a while as I've heard some awesome things about it, but you've gotta try before you buy.

Wish me luck.

your a pretty big dude... lay off the hgh if you wanna move in and out with that jiujitsu better.

good luck man

Comment

Originally posted by DaneNoodles View Post
      your a pretty big dude... lay off the hgh if you wanna move in and out with that jiujitsu better.

good luck man
      It's not my fault that I was build bigger and stronger than Brock Lesnar.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
        Heading to the Manhattan Mall tomorrow to pick up some birthday gifts, called in and made an appointment for an Introductory Class at Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu. It's only a couple of blocks from the Manhattan Mall and the class is only a half hour long to see if I like the place and if I'm interested in returning. I'm pretty positive that I'll be training there for a while as I've heard some awesome things about it, but you've gotta try before you buy.

Wish me luck.
        Good luck man, trained jiu jitsu for about 2 years before going back to boxing only. It's a lot of fun to learn and it's even better when you get good enough to put what you learn in pratice.

I'll be honest though, i never felt comfortable having large sweaty men onto of me. In a fight it's different, but bjj sparring is basically spending an hour on the ground with another dude changing position every few minutes.

Comment

The introduction was off the hook. Just know that if you're in the New York area, this place is worth a trip.

Comment

I was thinking of starting BJJ course at the Wolfslair. £8 a lessons it is and apprently it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
              I was thinking of starting BJJ course at the Wolfslair. £8 a lessons it is and apprently it is worth it.
              How long are the lessons?

Comment

Good stuff Bricks. I do BJJ at Gracie Barra (West) London under Roger Gracie. Great excersise as well as a great sport. What you get up to on the first day? Are you doing Gi or No-Gi BJJ?

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
                  Good stuff Bricks. I do BJJ at Gracie Barra (West) London under Roger Gracie. Great excersise as well as a great sport. What you get up to on the first day? Are you doing Gi or No-Gi BJJ?
                  I believe they start everyone out with a Gi, and the advanced Blue and Purple (I think Purple is advanced) lessons you can opt to use Gi or No-Gi. I'd personally like to go No-Gi but I think it's probably better to not argue since I'm so new to it.

They had us watch the lessons being taught and a guy named Don Pau who frequents my kickboxing gym used me as an example. He said "See? Tough guy like him here can be nullify with no other than Jiu Jitsu, you know? If you Taekwondo this guy you could get break, but with Jiu Jitsu it's about skill, no?"

His English is hilarious.

Comment

theres a lot of Gi choke moves that are useless when your not wearing a shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X