No announcement yet.

Anyone else rooting for Mir...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else rooting for Mir...

I m not sure if he can do it again but i really hope he beats Lesnar. I hated the fact that Brock got a title shot to start with and hated it even more when he beat a old Couture for the actual belt. It feels like the UFC has this 'plastic' undeserving champion with no skills and the only advantage he has over anyone is his size. It makes me a little sick and i want Mir to give Brock another lesson....I m really pulling for Frank and hope he trains his ass off cos hes gonna need at the stamina he can get!!

im kinda rooting for him as well he plays the villian always saying he wants to break a opponents arm

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
      I m not sure if he can do it again but i really hope he beats Lesnar. I hated the fact that Brock got a title shot to start with and hated it even more when he beat a old Couture for the actual belt. It feels like the UFC has this 'plastic' undeserving champion with no skills and the only advantage he has over anyone is his size. It makes me a little sick and i want Mir to give Brock another lesson....I m really pulling for Frank and hope he trains his ass off cos hes gonna need at the stamina he can get!!

"Plastic?" What a joke. Seriously do you even watch mma? I won't neg rep you cause I disagree as some do on here but honestly bro you need to watch a little bit more. If Brock only beat Randy cause he was bigger why didn't Tim Sylvia or GG beat Randy? Brock has improved ten fold since the fight with Mir and I don't see anyway Mir can beat him. Brock's stand up is above average and better then Mir. The clinch I'd give to Brock slightly. Ground and pound, Brock. JJ- Mir. Again his only advantage but Brock's improvement has gone to the point of I really don't think he'll allow himself into a position like the first fight. That was just his greeness. I think both fighter's have improved since their fight but Brock just alot more. I see Brock standing with Mir until Mir decides he's taken enough punishment or get dropped then Brock holding dominant position on the ground ala HH and pretty much G n P to an easy victory. People take it out on Brock cause the UFC gave him a quick title shot. Brock came out himself and said he doesn't even view himself as the champion and views Mir/Big Nog winner as such. Brock is a HUGE draw for the UFC. He does hold physical advantages size wise but his skill and dedication to training is obvious. He is not Hobo Slice.

Comment

Hey buddy, the reason Brock Lesnar won against Randy Couture is because Randy Couture is over the hill coming off of a year of inactivity. I think 90% of the LHW Division could have done what Lesnar did with ease.

I see Mir as the better technical striker, with the better submissions and honestly, the better chin. Lesnar has wrestling, but as we've seen before, wrestling is nullified by good submissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
          Hey buddy, the reason Brock Lesnar won against Randy Couture is because Randy Couture is over the hill coming off of a year of inactivity. I think 90% of the LHW Division could have done what Lesnar did with ease.

I see Mir as the better technical striker, with the better submissions and honestly, the better chin. Lesnar has wrestling, but as we've seen before, wrestling is nullified by good submissions.
          Thank you! My thoughts exactly! Lesnar is still in wrestling mode, he gets on top and doesnt know what to do, he throws hammer fists to try and stay active and do some damage but thats his only plan! He ll get caught again!

Comment

Better chin?

As shown by being owned by Vera and Pe de pano?

Comment

The better chin? I couldn't tell when a green ass Brock dropped him. That being said I believe you're taking too much away from Randy. Like I said when Randy beats a heavyweight and wins the belt he's amazing and this great competitor but when someone beats Randy no credit is giving. O.k. if that is the case then Mir beat a Big Nog who looked slugish as if he was under water and has taken one too many blows to the head.

Comment

oppinions change quick now a days, alot of people liked randy couture b4 his fight with brock and after brock tko'd him he's just an old washed up man, i see the same thing happening with Nog now on other forums, calling him washed up and on the decline after losing 2 mir.
                in a rematch i give Mir no chance against Lesnar, 1st round TKO for Brock an he'll b the Undisputed UFC HW Champ.
                i wonder if they'll have Couture vs Nog on the same card? winner of that fight can fight Gonzaga if he beats Cain/Carwin forgot which he was fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
                  The better chin? I couldn't tell when a green ass Brock dropped him. That being said I believe you're taking too much away from Randy. Like I said when Randy beats a heavyweight and wins the belt he's amazing and this great competitor but when someone beats Randy no credit is giving. O.k. if that is the case then Mir beat a Big Nog who looked slugish as if he was under water and has taken one too many blows to the head.
                  Here goes the assumptions, right? I like Randy for his personality and drive, but not his fighting. The guy hasn't had a significant win since Vitor Belfort. Sure he came back and beat Tim Sylvia, but if we're going by that, Nogueira should be the ultimate test since he actually stopped Silvia. Oh, and Fabricio Werdum should be in line for the next title shot because he beat Gonzaga in a better fashion than Couture.

See how that kind of logic doesn't work? This is MMA, people win and lose, and Brock Lesnar has not had a significant win yet in his career. When he beats a tough wrestler with heavy hands, I will gladly eat my words.

Comment

Here goes the assumptions, right? I like Randy for his personality and drive, but not his fighting. The guy hasn't had a significant win since Vitor Belfort. Sure he came back and beat Tim Sylvia, but if we're going by that, Nogueira should be the ultimate test since he actually stopped Silvia. Oh, and Fabricio Werdum should be in line for the next title shot because he beat Gonzaga in a better fashion than Couture.

See how that kind of logic doesn't work? This is MMA, people win and lose, and Brock Lesnar has not had a significant win yet in his career. When he beats a tough wrestler with heavy hands, I will gladly eat my words.
                    I wasn't addressing you personally far as the Couture comments just kind of reacting to the general consensus of the Brock haters. I can't see a win over Randy convincing at that as not being a significant win. Also, I know he doesn't have the best record but Heath Herring was coming off of a win over Cheick Kongo AND a fight against Big Nog in which he came damn close to finishing Nog. Now I know he's not a top contender but I feel like just the competition a guy like HH has faced Brock beating him was a good win too. Also if you look at Nog's stoppage of Sylvia, Tim pretty much dominated that entire fight but got caught in a sub.

Comment

Working...
                    X