Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any advice for fighting guys with long reach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice for fighting guys with long reach?

i know the basic is getting inside or putting him on the ropes to fight him. but are they're any other tricks to fighting a guy with long reach?

Originally posted by detluv View Post
    i know the basic is getting inside or putting him on the ropes to fight him. but are they're any other tricks to fighting a guy with long reach?
    keep moving, don't let them line you up.

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
      time the jab and come over the top with a right hand. use your jab and sliip the 2 to your left and com back with a left hook and web u guys r locked on the inside throw body shots then shoot up with uppercuts
      Last edited by JoHnNyBoXeR; 12-13-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

alot of head movement and footwork and hard devastating body shots... it works for me seeing as im naturally shorter then most people in my class

Comment

Depends what type of style you are, but side to side movement etc Leonard/Hearns 1, head movement, work on the inside.Another good little pointer is throw your shots over the top, etc the bolo punch so throw them like your throwing a baseball.

Watch this video around 33 seconds into it and this the punch am talking about.

Comment

thank you guys....all your advice i apprecaite......

Comment

Im the tallest at my gym so in sparring i keep my distance from all fighters.. But what i explain to my fighters i train is to simply get inside and put your head on his chest run your shots and get out . Lots of body shots jab to the body straight to the body... The thing you must remind yours is to be the aggressier.. Because the momment you get comfortable and get that distance between each other your going to get lighten up... Good luck

Comment

Jab, Overhand right.

Comment

if all else fails, conceal a lowblow

Comment

bodyshots/lateral movement/head movement

watch frazier v Ali

Comment

Working...
                    X