No announcement yet.

shadowboxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadowboxing

how many rounds do yall do? same with the heavy bag. i think these are the most important techinque training a boxer can do.

I do 5 rounds of each. When I shadowbox, I do three rounds with bands, and two rounds without, trying to maintain a high punch output on either.

On the heavy bag, I do 5 rounds.

Comment

shadowboxing i only do 3min x 3 rounds. I just shadbox to warm-up and cool-down.

On the heavy bag I do 3min x 6 rounds.

Comment

I shadowbox a lot, i think it's one of the best thing to do in training. You can practice your footwork, combinations, technique, handspeed etc etc. I often do like 8-10 rounds. But you have to think what your doing, not just throw punches with no meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
          I do 5 rounds of each. When I shadowbox, I do three rounds with bands, and two rounds without, trying to maintain a high punch output on either.

On the heavy bag, I do 5 rounds.
          Bands??? as in resistance??

Comment

Originally posted by lilevil View Post
            how many rounds do yall do? same with the heavy bag. i think these are the most important techinque training a boxer can do.
            Countless rounds son. Countless.....

I just set a time limit let's say 2 hours. And within those 2 hours i do whatever i can. Shadowbox, jump rope, speed bag, double end bag, heavy bag, more shadowboxing, abs, and conditioning. All this while the clock's tickin.

Sometimes it's good to write out a workout regiment. That way you can take advantage of all your time.

Comment

I would have argued that a wall to ceiling ball is better for technique training than bag work or shadowboxing because you are dealing with a fast moving object, you can refine your jab and combinations there as well as your footwork and defense.

Comment

^ i have to semi-agree with that. shadow boxing is very important to me but i only use it to warm up and cool down. heavy bag is good to develop strong punching power, work on techniques, conditioning, and also developing overall strength. but i found my self benefiting from the double end bag more than shadow/heavybag. practicing on that bag help me improve my slips, blocks, and head movement dramatically. i think its the more practical bag, simulates an aggressor the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I would have argued that a wall to ceiling ball is better for technique training than bag work or shadowboxing because you are dealing with a fast moving object, you can refine your jab and combinations there as well as your footwork and defense.
                  Yes!! Very much so. It also helps with angles and head movement.

Comment

I love shadowboxing

Comment

Working...
                    X