No announcement yet.

Tanner vs. Baroni

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner vs. Baroni

I didn't see this fight, just heard that some thought it was a premature stoppage. Someone tell me the details. Did it look like Tanner was going to win anyways or did it look like Baroni was going to come back and win? Was it a good fight?

Tanner was rocked early, Larry stopped the fight to let the docs look at a cut. That gave Tanner a chance to recover. Baroni looked a bit gassed, was taken down mounted and Tanner was raining blows.

There was only seconds left in the roung and Larry decided to have a convo with Baroni as he was getting shelled. Worst reffing ever. Round 2 would have been good.

I am not a big Baroni fan but he had every right to be pissed but no right to hit Landless.

Comment

Baroni was gassing indeed. And those knees by Tanner in the clinch took some steam out of Baroni as well. Pretty awesome comeback by Tanner.
      Landless said later that he would've restarted the fight, but Baroni had to act like a tool and hit him. So he changed his mind, and Tanner wins by TKO. Baroni gets fined, suspended and Team Quest goes 3-0 on him. End of story.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Actually Baroni cost himself that fight. Landless said he was going to re-start the fight but the fact that Phil took a few shots at him made him change his mind. Baroni's own ego got him in trouble

Comment

Definently an early stoppage, but Baroni is COMPLETELY useless & harmful to MMA. It will NEVER go "mainstream" if fighters like him are allowed to tarnish our sport. (this is not Baroni's 1st time either!!)

Comment

Premature stoppage...probable.

there was 15 seconds left and tanner had full mount raining shots on him. Baroni came out full gunnin' but gassed quickly, im thinkin apart from the knees and all it has to do with being on the juice...could be wrong, but i doubt it.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt that Daisy Dukes is on the juice. The roid rage he exhibited when he assaulted Larry Landless was evidence enough. At any rate, 15 seconds is a lifetime when you're mounted and getting slammed with elbows. Add that to the fact that Baroni was not defending well AT ALL. He neither clinched and held on, or covered enough to stave off the onslaught. IMO, I think Landless would've jumped in anyway.

A tactical error by Baroni? I think so. He screwed himself. Instead of worrying about what Landless was going to do, he should've covered up better or maybe held on. Trying to start a nice little dialogue with the ref while you're getting tooled from the mount is not a smart idea.

Baroni doubly screwed himself in the end as well by assaulting Landless in one of the most classless acts in UFC history. Acknowledging that there was a miscommunicaton error, Landless stated afterwards that he would've restarted the match. But he nixed the idea after Baroni went ape**** on him.

Subsequent actions by Baroni hasn't made him look any better. He apologized to the camera afterwards in what looked like a contrived, incoherent and awkward rant. And in the press conference, Baroni apologized again to everyone...except Landless. Landless has since apologized to Baroni and his family. No word yet from Baroni.

Comment

Working...
                X