No announcement yet.

Fitch is back in the UFC!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitch is back in the UFC!

Here's something you weren't expecting...

Less than one day after being released by the UFC for failing to sign a video game agreement, welterweight contender Jon Fitch has reached an agreement with the promotion and will return to action at UFC 94 on January 31st against Akihiro Gono.

“Communication kind of broke down with Dana (White) so we talked with Lorenzo,” Fitch told MMA Rated. “(I) just got off the phone with him and we came to an agreement. We’re going to move ahead and I’ll be back in the UFC. We’re going to sign off on the video game and I’m back. It was never even about the agreement or the contract. It was the approach that we felt Dana was being a little bit hot-headed and was threatening us right off the bat. It didn’t seem like a professional way of doing things.”

Sounds like typical Dana White! Even on camera you can tell the guy is a wanker...I cant imagine how he treats people behind the scenes!

Comment

While I'm glad that he is back in the UFC, I am pissed at bit disgusted with Dana White on this. Fucking guy things he's the Godfather of the UFC..

Comment

Comment

awsome pic

great news, Fitch is the best behind gsp imho people seem to forget how he knocked out Thiago Alves

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            awsome pic

great news, Fitch is the best behind gsp imho people seem to forget how he knocked out Thiago Alves
            Lucky kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              Lucky kick.

Heres the fight to refresh your memory, Jon Fitch WHOOPED his a$$, he took him down whenever he wanted to, pounded him on the ground, Alves did nothing except that kick in the beginning, if it wouldnt be stopped he woulda lost a decision, Alves has NO chance against St. Pierre or Penn

Comment

Fitch beat him, Fitch is 2nd behind GSp in the weight class

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post

Heres the fight to refresh your memory, Jon Fitch WHOOPED his a$$, he took him down whenever he wanted to, pounded him on the ground, Alves did nothing except that kick in the beginning, if it wouldnt be stopped he woulda lost a decision, Alves has NO chance against St. Pierre or Penn
                  Agreed, no excuses for Alves, he got manhandled from beginning to end and had nothing for Fitch. Plus a performance like that doesn't just show how good Fitch is in relation to all of the contenders in that division, but shows how far ahead of all of them GSP is.

Anyhow, glad it's all worked out for Fitch. He still has great matchups ahead of him in the WW division and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another crack at GSP (Or Penn) down the line.
                  Last edited by jakkups; 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post

HAD no chance. Are you saying that the guy hasn't improved?

Comment

Working...
                    X