Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling Guard, should it count as a takedown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling Guard, should it count as a takedown?

Its normaly viewed as someone that feels they are out classed on thier feet trying to avoid getting KTFO.

However, what if its someone that is VERY good using the guard against someone that has VERY poor submission defence.

For example, if a BJJ guy pulls guard against a expert striker, should it count for or against him?

Discuss

Wrong Forum

Senior Moderator

Moved

Comment

no never.

but good topic.

Comment

I think it should count as a takedown.

Espically if its a guy like Sudo pulling guard against Ludwig. Or a Serra pulling guard against Edwards

The most sucessful MMA fighters are the ones that are able to keep the fight where the majority of thier skills are

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by kcfman
            no
            Why

Comment

If it counted i would own at grappling tournaments

Comment

No it should not be counted as a takedown.

1st a take down has is when you impose you will ans take or end up in control of a takedown. Keyword here is end up in control.

Pulling guard is that the one player knows he is better at that particular position and has impose his will to take the match to the ground where he most comfortable. Now if he pulls guard and just hold for dear life he should be penalized.

Comment

in fact the tournys that i have rolled in they penalized those that pulled guard.

Comment

I am talking more about MMA than grappling.

Oviously pulling guard in a grappling match would be kind of pointless. No one is trying to keep it standing there

Comment

Working...
                    X