Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played socom confrontation much yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played socom confrontation much yet?

I'm curious I've heard some bad things about lag and server problems.....?
    Looking for comments from people who have played it.I've always beena huge socom fan and want to play it myself?Thanks in advance

Server problems are fixed (for now). It's simply the best online gaming experience available. Yes, better than Call of Duty. A hint, encourage others to not talk when rounds are switching (when the screen comes up in between rounds and shows everyones stats) and when the round is starting (when it fades in from black). A lot of freezing and getting kicked from the game happens if people talk during those times. Server issues aside, like I said, it's untouchable.

Comment

Started playing this now. Its okay. My impression from the beta was that it was gonna be worse than it is. Its good but could have been better.

Can the controls be edited? I didnt mess around with it too much but I cant believe they mapped reload to that R3 button. **** I remember how annoying it was when they mapped firing mode to that **** in Socom II, people started modding their controllers.

I need to get used to the maps. Overall a fun game when I need to shoot some **** up, but the game could have used more work, it feels 80% finished, especially the camera views. Youd think sony would have tried harder for their most popular online franchise. Online wise I didnt have any trouble finding a game but I did have some minor lag in most of the matches.

Comment

I have it aswell. I don't play it much though.

Got so many ****ing games that I don't know what to play.

The game was laggy as ****, but its been fixed.. Last time I played it was good.

Mech as for the controls being editied... I doubt it... Go to the control settings. I know for Resistance 2, you can do that ****. Thank god.

The game is good though.. Once you get used to the big ass maps.. You're good.. They could've added more colors for clothes and ****, or even a damn campaign. Also badges and ribbons like Resistance 2, but HEY! Whos give a ****.. Its released already.. Can't do nothing about it now. I also heard that they're taking out the rocket launchers... ****ing low life pros complaining about noob launchers and ****. Little bitches. If its there.. Then use it. Take out all explosives then. Its ****ed up.

Leave the rocket Launcher! I like blowing people up and then getting mad at it lol.

Comment

Thats dumb if they take out rockets, they've been in socom forever.

I dont have that many games, I have this, LBP and my brother has Assassin's Creed. I almost got Unreal Tournament again, I wanted a shooting game and I hear its getting a big update soon. So right now socom is okay, I'll try using a headset and see if its more fun that way, I didnt buy the bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
            Thats dumb if they take out rockets, they've been in socom forever.

I dont have that many games, I have this, LBP and my brother has Assassin's Creed. I almost got Unreal Tournament again, I wanted a shooting game and I hear its getting a big update soon. So right now socom is okay, I'll try using a headset and see if its more fun that way, I didnt buy the bundle.
            Whats the update going to consist of for Unreal?

Yea the game is better with a headset if you play with a clan... They know what they're doing and talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
              Server problems are fixed (for now). It's simply the best online gaming experience available. Yes, better than Call of Duty. A hint, encourage others to not talk when rounds are switching (when the screen comes up in between rounds and shows everyones stats) and when the round is starting (when it fades in from black). A lot of freezing and getting kicked from the game happens if people talk during those times. Server issues aside, like I said, it's untouchable.
              IGN: "You can tell that the potential of the game is there in theory, but its current incarnation is completely and tragically flawed. 45/100""

Comment

Working...
              X