Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of Sugar Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of Sugar Ray Leonard?

Hear this guy has many haters. id like to hear why this is the case?

to me, he just had it all, speed, courage, heart and determination. he took on challenges, not all tho.

he avoided pryor, and he only fought hagler hwen he saw hagler was on his way down... but he did move up in weight.

and where do you rate him all time?

Sugar Ray Leonard is one of the gretaest fighters ever (& this comes from a Hagler fan).

He didn't fight that much, & really spread his career out...BUT, there's no questioning his quality of opposition, & how he fared.

He was flawless inside the ring. He possessed everything a fighter needs.

He annoyed me with the way he manipulated things his way....but, he still got it done in the ring.

As for him avoiding pryor. That's a MYTH.
    Pryor was too small for Ray, & Ray had bigger fish to fry (Hearns, Duran, & Hagler).

Pryor would have made some serious $$$ against Leonard, but would have been DESTROYED by Ray....contrary to what so many people say.

Comment

should have changed name to raymond j. johnson..."you can call him ray or you can call him ray j..."

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
        Sugar Ray Leonard is one of the gretaest fighters
        I thing, that SRL is the greatest fighters...

Comment

He's up there with the greats he competed in one of the greatest eras ever against top quality opposition. He's got my respect.

Comment

def. one of the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ

to me, he just had it all, speed, courage, heart and determination. he took on challenges
              You just answered your own question, tall poppy syndrome. those things u listed r the reason he had so many haters, just like there are heaps of ODLH haters now.

I def reckon Sugar Ray Leonard is one of the G.O.A.T

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ

to me, he just had it all, speed, courage, heart and determination. he took on challenges, not all tho.

he avoided pryor, and he only fought hagler hwen he saw hagler was on his way down... but he did move up in weight.

and where do you rate him all time?
                I am a Huge Hagler supporter, so SRL irritates me quite a bit. Having said that, he is one of the greatest fighters I;ve seen. Speed, heart, smarts and a little pop. By the way, the story of Leonard ducking Pryor is ridiculous. Pryor chased him trying to get a huge payday. Leonard didn't duck little Aaron Pryor. Pryor was a nice fighter, but is extremely overrated. He made his name beating up Old Arguello who had moved up from his best weight....oops, sorry, changed the subject didn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by GxBrak
                  should have changed name to raymond j. johnson..."you can call him ray or you can call him ray j..."
                  but you doesn't have to him..Johnson

great commercial!

Comment

Leonard was garbage

Sugar Ray Leonard is the worst thing boxing has ever produced.

- when Hagler yelled to Leonard, "Fight like a man!" Leonard said "No, no, no" and was happy to continue to run. Leonard himself tells that story and he is sickly proud of it.

- Leonard had an elaborate press conference at the Garden (with Hagler there) just to announce he will retire and not fight Hagler. Look at me, give me more and more attention, shine the spotlight on me, please mommy.

- Leonard lost his biggest fight of his career - Duran I.

- Leonard was very, very talented, but chose to win fights with silly flurries at the end of a round. Stealing the round they call it and moronic fans used to go crazy over it. Real fight fans used to spit at their TVs when Leonard pulled that crap.

- Leonard rigged the Hagler fight to favor him. Whatever happened to fighting a guy in his prime in a standard sized ring for fifteen rounds, Ray? Is that too much for you?

- Leonard was a girl in the ring, not a man

Comment

Working...
                    X