Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could have sat ringside for any fight in history, then which would it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have sat ringside for any fight in history, then which would it be?

I would have enjoyed sitting ringside for Ali against Liston, Ali against Frazier or Louis against Schemelling in the rematch. I aslo wouldn't mind being in the gym for the Foreman/Liston sparring session.

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    I would have enjoyed sitting ringside for Ali against Liston, Ali against Frazier or Louis against Schemelling in the rematch. I aslo wouldn't mind being in the gym for the Foreman/Liston sparring session.
    So many to choose from, Ali vs Frazier I or III. Maybe Douglas vs Tyson, or Hearns vs Duran or Hagler.

I have been at some classic fights though, Benn vs Watson, Benn vs Eubank I and Eubank vs Watson II.

Most enjoyable fight I went to was Lennox Lewis vs Razor Ruddock.

Comment

obviously all the great fights with ali...

but honestly

gatti ward I would prolly be amazing to watch

Comment

Ali Frazier 1....incredible atmosphere.....like MSG was the center of the universe. Or Ali Foreman, DLH Trinidad, Hagler-Hearns

Comment

George Foreman vs Joe Frazier 1 and Foreman vs Ron Lyle. And the Graziano vs Zale fights.

Comment

All of the above are great ones. I would have loved to have seen Jack Johnson against Joe Jeanette or Joe Jeanetee against Sam Langford. Johnson/Langford should have been good as well.

Comment

In no particular order:

Ali - Frazier I
              Louis - Schmeling II
              Hagler - Hearns
              Leonard - Hearns I
              Holyfield - Tyson I
              Ali - Foreman
              Holmes - Cooney
              Hopkins - Trinidad
              Chavez - Rosario
              Robinson - Turpin II

The common denominator? The atmosphere was just ELECTRIC at each of those fights. You could feel it in the air just walking into the arena.

Poet

Comment

Tyson vs Spinks
                Tyson vs Holyfield I
                Frazier vs Ali I
                Hearns vs Hagler
                Tyson vs Lewis
                Foreman vs Holyfield
                Foreman vs Moorer
                Foreman vs Ali

Comment

Would have to be Henry Armstrong vs Barney Ross for me. Two ATG going at it would be immense to see in person.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post

This is a no brainer for me. Louis Schmeling 2. The most important boxing match in history and one of the most anticipated. I can't even imagine the electricity in the air that night. Ali-Frazier 1 comes in a distant second.

Comment

Working...
                    X