No announcement yet.

Which is best for HIIT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is best for HIIT?

If I were to do it in the morning, would it be better to do it on an empty stomach, or is it ok to have something to eat about an hour before? If so, what are some good ideas on what to eat?

do a search. Im going to start doing HIIT in the mornings starting monday. Im gonna drink a protein shake 45mins b4 i go run. search HIIT cuz there was a thread earlier today about HIIT and when to eat b4 you run

Comment

Originally posted by bedHead View Post
      If I were to do it in the morning, would it be better to do it on an empty stomach, or is it ok to have something to eat about an hour before? If so, what are some good ideas on what to eat?
      I read once in mens health ,a good pre-workout meal for strength training
      -A boiled egg
      A good pre workout for cardio -fatburning
      A ripe banana
      Fat burning is best on an empty stomach,try having a couple of cups of tea or coffee before hiit for energy.A protein shake straight after training is good for you because its supposed to repair the muscles.I still wouldnt skip breakfast its the most important meal of the day ,I would have a bowl of cereal or something to start the day.

Comment

Yeah you gotta have breakfast otherwise it'll **** your metabolism up for the day, It wont be as efficient for burning fat when you eat later(you'll be more likely to pig out and over eat) even with the afterburn of HIIT.

Comment

Originally posted by The Womble Don View Post
          Yeah you gotta have breakfast otherwise it'll **** your metabolism up for the day, It wont be as efficient for burning fat when you eat later(you'll be more likely to pig out and over eat) even with the afterburn of HIIT.
          Ohh really i didn't know that. So should i eat a small bowl of cereal or will a protein shake w/ 2 blended up bannannas be good.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
            Ohh really i didn't know that. So should i eat a small bowl of cereal or will a protein shake w/ 2 blended up bannannas be good.
            Tbh I think either one is ok(i could be wrong tho i'm not an expert on the subject),just make sure if you have cereal its a very healthy one, then you can have the shake when you've finished.

Comment

Working...
            X