No announcement yet.

Red knuckles from using the punchbag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red knuckles from using the punchbag?

Does everyone have this? I didn't used to get that red knuckles. And I have used the same gloves. Could it be that I am hitting the bag harder or my gloves wearing down? Or does it happen to everyone else?

I would get reddish/purple knuckles everyday after the heavy bag workouts. They don't hurt, but they turn that color. I think it might even be some of the color of the handwraps coming onto the knuckles - not too sure.

If it doesnt hurt, I don't think it should be a big problem.

Comment

Two questions;

1- Are you sure that you are wrapping your hands correctly?
      2- How often are you hitting the bag and for how long?

If you are wrapping your hands correctly, your hands may need conditioning. If you are hitting the bag often enough, after time your hands will get used to the friction and will not become irritated.

Comment

my knuckles are purple/black for ever since i can remember. they weren't like that before boxing. doesn't hurt tho. if it doesn't hurt then i don't think its a problem.

Comment

My knuckles used to get like that when I had super cheapy worn down gloves. I bet its your gloves. Also why is this surprising to you? your punching **** you twit! I mean that in the nicest way possible of course

Comment

My kuckles are always purple/black after hitting the heavy bag.

Comment

Working...
            X