No announcement yet.

Fighting soon...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting soon...

I have a fight coming up August 23rd, I plan on fighting at 154lbs. The problem I am facing is not that I can't drop weight but more so I don't know if I am dropping weight too fast. I dropped from 165 to 158 as of today. Is this too soon to be reaching my fight weight. I've never dropped weight till now and I am rather shocked that I dropped weight so quickly. I am feeling strong and quick just concerned that its too soon for me to be down in weight already. Advice?

Thanks.

I fight a 3 fight tournament in 2 weeks...

Heres what i did... I got down to 170 from 185 and hung around 170 until 169-173 became my normal everyday weight. Now losing weight to get down to 165(fight weight) is very easy... I wake up 169-170.... and after the gym im around 166-167... with 2 weeks to go. I figure y saturday if i keep it up i'll be 165... without even really trying.

Someone might give you a better way but if not see if this works for you the way it has been for me.

Comment

Hmmm okay Appreciate that CATAS. One of the coachs in the gym was saying you may be able to get down to 147 with the way I am losing weight now. They thought that'd be a great advantage for me because of my height and my wing span. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable going that far down though. But, Ima try this one fight at 154 see how I feel and go from there. Thanks again.

Comment

why the hell are you fighting at pro weights? i can tell your not a pro, 154 and 147 are pro weights. In the amateurs it goes from 152-141, there is no point for you to be 147, if you stay at 154 you will be fine since most amatuer shows give a couple pounds anyways as long as they arent big tournements which in somecase they may give a pound.

Comment

A good amount of that weight will probably return as soon as you're rehydrated, i would'nt worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by THAULTIMATE View Post
            why the hell are you fighting at pro weights? i can tell your not a pro, 154 and 147 are pro weights. In the amateurs it goes from 152-141, there is no point for you to be 147, if you stay at 154 you will be fine since most amatuer shows give a couple pounds anyways as long as they arent big tournements which in somecase they may give a pound.
            I fought at 147...some tournaments have the 154 and 147 weight class

Comment

Well most shows sanctioned by USA boxing stick to the weights they are supposed to. Some shows dont have enough fighters so they stick 2 guys who are like 15 pounds differance in there and have them fight making a new weight class. It happens a lot even though technically USA boxing isnt supposed to do this.

Comment

THAULTIMATE, Although you didn't comment really I still appreciate your interest in the thread.

Comment

Working...
                X