No announcement yet.

Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring

Hey guys i have a question about sparring. I currently spar one of three guys. The first guy is a 240lb Pro Retired. The second guy is a 260lb amature who has no fights at all. The last guy is a 160lb amature who also has no fights. The dilemma I have is the retired pro I get all antsy and feel as if im using way to much energy to try and hit him because he has great defense which has helped me with the other guys but im gassed after 2 rounds. The 260lb guy has no experience nor talent just size and although we are sparring he is just trying to haymaker every other punch and try to bully. The last guy has decent talent and I think hes a good partner with him we trade blows and can go 4 rounds. What im trying to find out is who you guys would recommend I spar because I feel the 260lb guy is a waste of time and thats who Im pushed to spar every time. I weigh 200lbs training for 6months natural weight is 170 almost there I lost 30lbs already. Sorry for the long post.

thanks for that advice but I tried that and these are my only alternatives. Other gyms didnt work out because currently the closest gym to me is Pavliks gym and other than that its 2hrs away.

Comment

spar the pro

Comment

as my trainer says "don't run before you can walk"

fight the one you find the easiest first, when you feel you're competant enough, find someone a bit harder, then harder etc. if you fight someone to hard, they'll pummel you, and you'll barely learn anything, likewise oppisite with the easy one.

Comment

Working...
        X