No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr v.s. Mike Tyson!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr v.s. Mike Tyson!!!!!!!

World Boxing Association heavyweight champion Roy Jones Jr. will defend his title in a stadium near Nairobi on Nov. 8, promoters said.

Akbar Muhammad, senior vice-president for Roy Jones Enterprises, said negotiations were at an advanced stage with former undisputed world champion Mike Tyson the most probable challenger.

"We are holding negotiations with Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis but the most probable opponent for Roy Jones will be Tyson," Muhammad told a news conference.

Jones defeated John Ruiz last March to become only the second light-heavyweight champion in history to win a world heavyweight title.

"Roy Jones has given a commitment to defend his title in Nairobi on Nov. 8 and he will be coming here on July 21 to show the world his commitment and to promote the fight but we have a month to confirm financial elements with multi-national corporations supposed to back the fight," said Muhammad.

He declined to disclose the total amount required to make the fight possible, only saying it was in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Officials said it would be the biggest fight in Africa since the Muhammad Ali-George Foreman "Rumble in the Jungle" heavyweight fight in Kinshasa in 1974.

The bout will be held at the 60,000-seater Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani, 15 km north of Nairobi.

http://ironlife.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7308

holy crap

Comment

I love Jones and think that he's one of the greatest boxer's who's ever lived, but Mike Tyson is a really bad match-up for him. He'll kick his ass even faster than Lewis would.

Comment

hahahahahahaaaaaaa I want to see this.

I think he's got a chance, not a big one, but he could outbox the Tyson of today.

Comment

He could outbox Tyson, but he has never been hit with Tyson power before, Lewis or Tyson is a bad move for RJJ.....

Comment

Blue is right on the money on this one. Tyson is a lot faster than Lewis, and he cuts the ring and pushes opponents to the ropes. I don't think Jones could escape Tyson for the whole match.

Comment

He has a chance...not much...but a chance

Comment

Go RJJ. What ever happened to Evander Holyfield?

Comment

He is still boxing, he dont have a chance against none of the top ten. Chris Byrd used him as a heavy bag for 12 rounds a few months back....

Comment

I will beleive it when i have paid my pay er view charge and both opponets are in the ring.

Roy Jones is by far the better boxer, has decent punching power and is fast as a mother ****er.

Mike tyson- is older and can go 8 rounds getting his ass handed to him by the biggest of heavy weights. I doubt he can be k.od by Jones, but he will quadruple Tysons punching per round. So Tyson has to win Via K.O.

Tanner gave me a big chubby yesterday..thank you Tanner

Comment

Working...
                    X