Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSP Vs Fitch At 87...Coleman Out Of Fight With Brock.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP Vs Fitch At 87...Coleman Out Of Fight With Brock.

The following is provided courtesy of UFC.com:
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s initial trip to Minnesota on August 9th just got bigger with today’s signing of the UFC Welterweight Title bout between Champion Georges St-Pierre and number one contender Jon Fitch, which will headline the UFC 87 card at Target Center.

It will be St-Pierre’s first bout since he regained his crown from Matt Serra at UFC 83 on April 19th. In Fitch, he will be facing a former Division I wrestler who has won eight consecutive UFC bouts without a loss, the longest streak in modern-day UFC history.

“He’s a very, very tough guy,” said St-Pierre of Fitch. “I’m gonna have to train hard and be very well prepared because he may be my toughest fight yet.”

“The whole goal is to get the belt and be in the position where guys can’t duck me, run away, or say they don’t want to fight me,” said Fitch. “If I have the belt, there’s no excuse, and if you say you’re the best, then we’re gonna fight. This is gonna be a tough fight, but I’m gonna make sure I’m sharp that night, and wherever the fight needs to go, that’s fine with me.”

In other action on the UFC 87 card, heavyweight sensation Brock Lesnar returns home for a pivotal bout in his rise up the UFC ranks. Lesnar was originally scheduled to face UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman on August
    9th, but a knee injury has forced ‘The Hammer’ to withdraw from the show. Lesnar’s opponent will be announced shortly.

Lightweight contenders Kenny Florian and Roger Huerta will also throw down in a highly anticipated bout that may determine a future challenger for the 155-pound crown.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Throw Kongo 2 Lesnar :P someone Credible that he can take down at will an dominate.
    Last edited by Blair_Wells#32; 05-22-2008, 06:51 PM.

Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian makes my mouth drool like a flood. That bout is going to be top notch.

Comment

Fitch tooled in the first round!

Comment

i agree Palma, GSP in the First Round by whatever he wants, Fitch is nothing special an is no threat 2 GSP all he has is Wrestling an GSP has proven that he is the best MMA adapted wrestler in the WW division.
        No suggestions for a replacement for Brock Lesnars Opponent?
        i still think it should b Kongo or someone with at least a name that UFC Fans will know.

Comment

Fitch is no match for GSP. Cant see it goin past the 2nd round.

He doesnt bring anything to the table that Josh Koscheck didnt bring.

Comment

GSP will have a field day with him

Comment

Working...
            X