No announcement yet.

Le wins over Shamrock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le wins over Shamrock

Cung Le just turned out a stunning TKO over Frank Shamrock at the end of round 3 as he broke Shamrock's arm and he wasn't able to continue on, for everyone who bet against Cung winning, u were wrong, Whos next for Le and should a rematch be in the making?

Excellent fight & wouldn't mind seeing a rematch in the future

Comment

Frank was out classed , Frank would have to try to take Le to the ground if they ever got into the cage again !

Le is a freak on his feet !

Comment

Shamrock's strategy wasn't good, you can't expect to beat your opponent at his own game, just cause it happens sometimes it don't mean it always happens, Frank was too confident and it hurt him, he should've went for the take down and faught him on the ground

Comment

Damn!!

Someone post the fight!!

I owe someone 30K, hit me up on my private message and I will donate it to you. I do not recall your name bro, sorry and congratulations that your guy won. I seriously thought Frank would just shoot in and take Cung down and submit his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
            Damn!!

Someone post the fight!!

I owe someone 30K, hit me up on my private message and I will donate it to you. I do not recall your name bro, sorry and congratulations that your guy won. I seriously thought Frank would just shoot in and take Cung down and submit his ass.
            ante up

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
              Shamrock's strategy wasn't good, you can't expect to beat your opponent at his own game, just cause it happens sometimes it don't mean it always happens, Frank was too confident and it hurt him, he should've went for the take down and faught him on the ground
              what you're not recognizing is that Le ain't that easy to take down. Shamrock for the majority of the fight had problems getting the distance he needed for a good takedown and was constantly getting timed w/ side kicks, front kicks to the midsection and thighs. That made Shamrock not as aggressive w/ attempting takedowns. I mean, look at all the top-rated strikers in MMA-> Silva, St Pierre when they whupped on ground masters such as Matt Hughes.

Yes, I think Frank would've kicked Cung's arse on the ground, but Le having the SanShou background is well versed in defending takedowns and throws. Shamrock had several chances to get Le down, but Le manuevered out of it beautifully.

I dont' give a **** how good someone is on the ground, if you don't have a good feel when standing up, it makes it difficult for a ground fighter to get a great striker to the ground. Great strikers are masters at timing and distance. See Cung's sidekicks he was feeding Frank w/ all night. It had nothin' to do w/ Frank playing Cung's game, those sidekicks were fast and it takes its toll, and Frank ended up not having the energy for any takedown attempts!

Comment

If Shamrock wanted to he could've taken it to the ground in the 1st to 2nd round but he decided he wanted to keep it up, except for the time Le sidekicked him to the ground, even the anouncers were sayin how he was just waiting for his oppurtunity, look how much bigger he was then Le, and he didn't even try for a take down in the fight, Le is just the better striker

Comment

I think there were several opportunities for Frank to try and go for a takedown more aggressively but he decided not to because he wanted to prove a point by striking with Cung Le.
                  Frank did prove a point, he proved that Cung Le was the superior striker.

Cung Le has good takedown defense and he could have stuffed those takedowns but we don't know because we never got to see it.

Most of the time Cung Le was keeping his distance well but there were moments (when Frank had Le's back, another when Frank pushed Cung Le down and in the third round when he rocked Le with right hands) when Frank could have tried to take Le down but didn't.

Comment

They both exchanged good striking ability in the third but at the end Le rocked him and shamrock had no response, but shamrock gave him some nice punches in the third

Comment

Working...
                    X