No announcement yet.

The problem with GSP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with GSP

The guys is too nice for his own good. For instance, have you noticed how apologetic he is after he beats his opponents? He always says something like "you are the best fighter I have fought so far, keep your head up, we will fight again".

GSP! Those guys are there to beat your ass! Just shake the guys hand and take your place in the spotlight. Let them deal with their failings. You are fighting people who should know what they are getting into and should accept the possibility of failure, even though they talk much smack. As long as you don't rub it in their face, you should not feel bad.

I think that GSP needs to model himself after Randy Couture, and should stop being pathetic. It is this empathic nature that creates internal conflict for GSP.

He can tough it up in the cage when he needs to. No need for false trash talk

Comment

GSP = all class...

Comment

i have no problem with his classiness in the ring.........hope the young guns take note on this........GSP knows it's his job to beat the crap out of them but once its over respect your opponent and the game your in.....

Comment

GSP and Anderson Silva are two of the greatest examples of "Class Act" you will find in MMA.

Comment

GSP may seem nice but he doesn't fight like it. All that matters is what goes on in the cage.

Comment

He helps his marketability by being nice...

GSP=the most marketable guy in the sport.

He has the potential to be the DLH of MMA.

You guys ever hear a DLH interview?
              That's why he talks the way he talks.

Comment

I didn't say that GSP should not be amiable, but he should avoid being pathetic.

Comment

How the hell is that pathetic?

Deep down the fighters he face know that they got their fawking ass kicked hard.

Comment

joecrappy, you're a nice guy, I think you will go far in life, you're the best poster on here.

When you have just gotten your ass handed to you, any compliment will make you feel bad. A simple handshake will be sufficient. It demonstrates respect, no less, no more, and allow ones opponent to maintain their dignity.

We will see if after he beats Serra, he says something pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                    X