No announcement yet.

Top 10 Great Games That No One Played

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Great Games That No One Played

While the gaming industry has its success stories and million-sellers like Halo, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft, there are games out there that stood out just as much with fantastic gameplay and unique concepts that didn’t sell anywhere near as well.

While they may have not made mountains of money, here is my top 10 games that should be in every gamer’s library (but likely aren’t).

10. Okami
    by Capcom Entertainment

A case of a game doing extremely well in the ratings and selling quite poorly, Okami is looking to get a new lease on life with the upcoming Wii port.

9. Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
    by EA Games

Stranger’s Wrath had a fantastically realized world and fun and quirky gameplay, but failed to be a mainstream hit.

8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
    by Nintendo

Conker’s Bad Fur Day stands as both one of the finest platformer games to date as well as a scathing commentary on the genre, but released too date in the N64’s life to strike a chord with mainstream gamers.

7. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
    by Atlus USA

Incredibly bizarre story elements and intriguing story elements made Persona 2 worth playing for any RPG fan, but didn’t make a huge splash.

6. Shenmue
    by SEGA

One of the most layered and meticulous adventure games on any system, Shenmue’s great story unfortunately proved to be too much for Dreamcast gamers looking for a quicker fix.

5. Motor City Online
    by EA Games

A fun and engaging online racer, Motor City Online had too many technical problems and eventually collapsed.

4. ICO
    by SCEA

Although the game is now constantly name-dropped as one of the true examples of video games as an art form, when the atmospheric adventure game launched, it wasn’t too terribly successful commercially.

3. Jet Grind Radio
    by SEGA

Offering an intriguing concept and revolutionary graphics (this was the game that pioneered cel-shading, after all), Jet Grind Radio was fun and fascinating, but didn’t sell as well as it deserved.

2. Beyond Good & Evil
    by Ubisoft

Michel Ancel’s fantastic action-adventure game was a critical sensation, but didn’t sell well enough to finish out the planned trilogy.

1. Psychonauts
    by Majesco

A game that many are still hurting over, Psychonauts was a creative and fascinating take on platformers and is widely considered to be one of the best games of the previous generations of consoles. Unfortunately, gamers just didn’t bite and the game became a sad chapter in the history of great games being shoved aside for bigger-named fare.

Boxart of each game can be seen at the link at the top of this article!

Originally posted by boricua5150 View Post
    While the gaming industry has its success stories and million-sellers like Halo, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft, there are games out there that stood out just as much with fantastic gameplay and unique concepts that didn’t sell anywhere near as well.

While they may have not made mountains of money, here is my top 10 games that should be in every gamer’s library (but likely aren’t).

10. Okami
    by Capcom Entertainment

A case of a game doing extremely well in the ratings and selling quite poorly, Okami is looking to get a new lease on life with the upcoming Wii port.

by EA Games

Stranger’s Wrath had a fantastically realized world and fun and quirky gameplay, but failed to be a mainstream hit.

8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
    by Nintendo

Conker’s Bad Fur Day stands as both one of the finest platformer games to date as well as a scathing commentary on the genre, but released too date in the N64’s life to strike a chord with mainstream gamers.

by Atlus USA

Incredibly bizarre story elements and intriguing story elements made Persona 2 worth playing for any RPG fan, but didn’t make a huge splash.

6. Shenmue
    by SEGA

One of the most layered and meticulous adventure games on any system, Shenmue’s great story unfortunately proved to be too much for Dreamcast gamers looking for a quicker fix.

5. Motor City Online
    by EA Games

A fun and engaging online racer, Motor City Online had too many technical problems and eventually collapsed.

4. ICO
    by SCEA

Although the game is now constantly name-dropped as one of the true examples of video games as an art form, when the atmospheric adventure game launched, it wasn’t too terribly successful commercially.

3. Jet Grind Radio
    by SEGA

Offering an intriguing concept and revolutionary graphics (this was the game that pioneered cel-shading, after all), Jet Grind Radio was fun and fascinating, but didn’t sell as well as it deserved.

2. Beyond Good & Evil
    by Ubisoft

Michel Ancel’s fantastic action-adventure game was a critical sensation, but didn’t sell well enough to finish out the planned trilogy.

1. Psychonauts
    by Majesco

A game that many are still hurting over, Psychonauts was a creative and fascinating take on platformers and is widely considered to be one of the best games of the previous generations of consoles. Unfortunately, gamers just didn’t bite and the game became a sad chapter in the history of great games being shoved aside for bigger-named fare.

Probably the greatest game ive ever played,the storyline cannot be beaten,u have to get a job,ask questions,the game is just great,a masterpiece

Comment

Okami should have won Game of the year but wasn't nominated, (i think). It clearly should have won best action game but ****ing dead rising won. I mean I loved dead rising but Okami was pure art, what a game it was. Spike TV Game awards is ****, ****ing popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
        Probably the greatest game ive ever played,the storyline cannot be beaten,u have to get a job,ask questions,the game is just great,a masterpiece
        Shenmue was a fantastic game, I loved it. Very innovative even for todays standards. I hope it gets picked up by a next gen system, There were supposed to be like 7 Shenmue games but the Dreamcast failed

Comment

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
          Shenmue was a fantastic game, I loved it. Very innovative even for todays standards. I hope it gets picked up by a next gen system, There were supposed to be like 7 Shenmue games but the Dreamcast failed
          ****ed up,ive been waitin for Shenmue 3 for years

Comment

shamuee!!! shamue 2 was even better and more impossible

Comment

Games that I have always loved are the horse racing games. I know it doesn't sound fun, but I played one on Dreamcast and one on Playstaion and damn they were fun. I wish PS3 would make a horse racing game, but I don't know since the demand probably won't be so high.

Comment

Eternal Dakness was a great game that no **** seemed to have heard of.

Comment

I remember some great games from yesteryear.

Andre Panzas Kickboxing was awesome as was Defender of the Crown.

Comment

Originally posted by boricua5150 View Post

10. Okami
                    by Capcom Entertainment

by EA Games

8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
                    by Nintendo

by Atlus USA

6. Shenmue
                    by SEGA

5. Motor City Online
                    by EA Games

4. ICO
                    by SCEA

3. Jet Grind Radio
                    by SEGA

2. Beyond Good & Evil
                    by Ubisoft

1. Psychonauts
                    by Majesco

Played all the games in BOLD Psychonauts is one of my favourite games of all time, I still play it sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X