No announcement yet.

Infighting/Swarming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infighting/Swarming

What special training should I do to become a better swarmer/infighter? I know how to box from the outside but when I spar against people who are much taller and have that longer range I don't know how to get in. How should I train this?

you need to practice on the slip bag moving your head you also need to jab your way in keep low and bob and weave

Comment

alexisarguello8 is right. Movement, jabs (to the head, body, just get it out there), &combination punching, it's going to feel awkward at first, but it will come. I'm a shorter man myself (5'7" &I fought at 140 &147 lbs), and frequently got in the ring with guys much taller. You can overcome a size difference

Comment

practice, lol...

Comment

In my estimation Bernard Hopkins is the best inside fighter in the world, but he does not have a swarming style. There is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by slickPUG View Post
            alexisarguello8 is right. Movement, jabs (to the head, body, just get it out there), &combination punching, it's going to feel awkward at first, but it will come. I'm a shorter man myself (5'7" &I fought at 140 &147 lbs), and frequently got in the ring with guys much taller. You can overcome a size difference

Yea but you retired so shush. Plus guys smaller then you push you around! =)

Anyhow.. Head movement! Jabbing your way in. Jabs to the head, body, and even chest.

Comment

I'm actually really short. 5'4. So even if I try to jab my way in the jab doesn't reach them. Should I jsut bob and weave until I get inside then hit the body with combo's (Against all taller people in general)?

Comment

be explosive. get in, tear it up, then get out. keep your opponent guessing. be fast so they never see it coming. explode inside, do damage, get out, and set up your next move.

Comment

Working...
                X