Hardest question in the world!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest question in the world!?

Even harder than the question "what came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Who was the better football player, Pelé or Diego Maradona?
    Pelé
    39.13%
    Diego Maradona
    60.87%

Maradona vs. Pelé

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddp4fRGscs

Comment

That's easy. Maradona.

Comment

Harder question....
        Think of the most Beautiful dream girl you would love to screw and marry.
        She asks you...
        "If I do anything for you sexually and obey every one of your commands will you let my gay friend **** you in the ass with his 10 " ****.?"

Actually I just realised this wouldn't be hard for some of you would it......

Comment

Everyone is brought up to think that the answer is Pele, but when you get older, you realise that it isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
            Everyone is brought up to think that the answer is Pele, but when you get older, you realise that it isnt.
            Exactly, he was the best goal scorer maybe, but not all-rounder.

Comment

pele......

Comment

maradona, not even a competition

Comment

Maradona.

Easily explained as far as I am concerned.

Pele was a fantastic player no doubt about that and an unbelievable goal scorer but his success was as much about the players around him as it was about him.

The 58 and 62 teams where considered some of the best ever seen in football but they did not compare to the 70 side where Pele played along with the likes of Rivelino, Jairzinho, Gérson, Tostão, and Clodoaldo.

As for his club career he played for Santos for 17 years and although it was a successful period for Pele and the club much of that period was played in the Sao Paulo League and not the national league of Brazil. After Santos he joined New York Cosmos.

Pele's goal record although exceptional is slightly misleading, 1280 goals in 1363 games but many of those goal were scored in friendlies, tours and even when he was in the Brazilian Army.
                  Gerd Muller scored more with 1455 goals in 1204 games again including friendlies etc.
                  The actual true number is still exceptional but remember the standard of opposition - 626 in 669 league and domestic cup games and 77 in 92 International games.

Maradona on the other hand did not have the same level of team mate certainly internationally and domestically at times.
                  He dragged the workman like Argentinian side to World Cup victory in 86 with his ability and flair (and cunning) and almost did it again in 90.
                  Domestically he led a mediocre team in Napoli to League, Cup and European success after successful spells at Barcelona and Boca Juniors.

As a midfielder, goal making was as important as goal scoring but he still managed 311 goals in 590 games domestically and 34 goals in 91 appearances internationally.

Therefore I pick Maradona simply because he achieved his success mostly due to his ability playing at a higher level overall than Pele.
                  Pele of course can never be discounted but I feel that the fact he played with players of similar ability which helped his cause or he played at a lower level over the course of his career.

Comment

muppet thats easy
                    maradona

Comment

Working...
                    X