No announcement yet.

Henderson On Fighting Anderson Silva.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson On Fighting Anderson Silva.

Dan Henderson will face Anderson Silva at UFC 82 in an intriguing match up that will determine the world's best middleweight. Henderson has never been knocked out and Anderson Silva has consistently proved that he is perhaps the premiere striker at 185 pounds; classic battle of immovable object vs. unstoppable force. For his part, Henderson appears very confident as he prepares to lock horns with Silva at UFC 82.
    "I'm excited," Henderson told Steve Sievert. "I'm ready to go kick his ass. Style-wise, I'm just a bad fight for him. He's very tough, very talented, but he hasn't fought anybody like me. My strength is the clinch game, and I don't get out of position there to allow strikes. That's what he thrives on - guys that are out of position and not very good in that clinch. For me, that's where I'm going to beat him up, and if he gets there with me, I'm going to be taking him down and beating him up on the ground."

Catch these two go at it during the main event at UFC 82. The event will take place on March 1 in Columbus, Ohio. Below is the rumored card as it stands:

-Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson

-Heath Herring vs. Cheick Kongo

-Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono -Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Koscheck

-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

-Luke Cummo vs. TBA

Henderson is going to end up just another statistic!

Comment

Henderson's jaw broke Rampage's hand. I'm not sure if he can be knocked out but Anderson Silva would be the man to do it with his pin-point accurate strikes. Silva has an iron jaw too, I've seen him take shots flush without blinking so this might become quite a slugfest.

Henderson will try to use his wrestling to tire out Silva and deliver some damage on the ground, Silva has a great guard though and Henderson must look out for Silva's submission attempts. Henderson has been subbed before, never easily but he can be submitted.

On the feet Anderson has the technical advantage but Henderson will go for broke with his right hand and immediately go for the takedown if he misses.

I don't think Anderson can get much done in the clinches against Henderson unless Dan is stunned/tired. Anderson should try to counter punch.

Comment

nobody can take silvas' knees and strikes nobody!
        i like hendo too but Silva will stop hendo

Comment

i think Henderson has more experience with better fighters. Silva is one bad ass dude but the best he fought was Franklin. The only way i see Henderson losing is by sub if it stays on top Henderson will take the win. Come on this guy was fighting in 2 weight classes and took a beating by Rampage, Rampage is one strong fighter. By having 2 belts in 2 different weight classes must tell you he was bad mutha!!! i say Henderson takes the win on this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
            Henderson is going to end up just another statistic!
            Pretty much.

Comment

all you guys love silva....i will bet all my points on henderson if someone wants silva. there is no way henderson loses or becomes another statistic. look at who silva has fought, and look at who henderson has fought. there is a big difference in caliper of opponents. and im not knocking silva, dnt get me wrong he is one of the best, i just dont see henderson losing.

Comment

You gotta give it to Hendo. He gets beat by Rampage and now is taking on Silva. This is a tough one to pick, but I think I will have to go with Silva.

Comment

Funny the name of the ppv is Pride of a Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie7731 View Post
                    all you guys love silva....i will bet all my points on henderson if someone wants silva. there is no way henderson loses or becomes another statistic. look at who silva has fought, and look at who henderson has fought. there is a big difference in caliper of opponents. and im not knocking silva, dnt get me wrong he is one of the best, i just dont see henderson losing.
                    I'll take you up on that bet. Winner takes all. All my points on Silva.

Comment

Working...
                    X